• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should play on the right hand side?

Who to play on Right hand side

• Black

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • Grant

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Moussa

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Robson-Kanu

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Andyhsufc

Director
I have to say, I think Blacky is the only who is letting us down a bit with his play as he gives the ball away so much, dosen't track back enough and is obviously overweight so who would you play on the right wing?

Tommy Black. Perhaps the finest footballer in league one on his day - which admittedly hasn't been often. I don't know why he doesn't put much effort in, because he's amazing when he does. Perhaps a fear of injuries - he's lost so much footballing time over his career through injuries, though remarkably he's been fit the majority of this season - perhaps because he's not trying as hard. Regardless, Tommy is a hero, great hair, great skills, great talent. Though as I say time and time again - he's not a right winger, he's a playmaker, but with two great central midfielders he hasn't got a sniff of playing in the centre.

Black does a lot of running off the ball, he is screaming for the ball all night long and very rairly gets it.

Although Gower has been playing superbly of late, back to his best.
he dosen't switch the play enough, he can become predictable at times.

Black.

Was in great form recently and in a bit of a dip.

If we had droppped Gower when he hit his dip he wouldnt have done what he did last night.

Wingers are strange folk and Id stick with Black.

I say black, as we shouldnt change a winning side. He does look a bit dodgy defensively at times, and Grant is a fantastic sub to have to kill the game off, he could well be the difference between promotion and league 1, I feel.

Black does a lot of running off the ball, he is screaming for the ball all night long and very rairly gets it.

Agreed, Gower also switches wings often. Black and Francis do work quite well together when they're given the chance to. Quite happy with Black playing the first hour or so then Grant - or AN Other - coming on for the final half hour.

black had a dodgy game but why change a winning side, it would be very harsh on him if he was dropped. glad to have grant there for back up as i do rate him.

Wrong, Black gets in a lot of space, however, i was in the front row of the East stand right behind him for the first half last night, and despite a lot of arm waving when the ball was over the left hand side, he never once actually shouted for the ball. Doubtless to say, he doesnt want to give away the fact he's unmarked and in a load of space, however, he really needs to be calling for the ball at this level.

Don't break up a winning team. Black may have his faults but he's the best we have in that position.

Moussa is a central midfielder
Kanu is left sided
Grant is more defensive minded and good to bring on as sub

Once Hal is fit again i would be tempted to play him on the left and moving G man onto the right but as it is id play Grant instead of Black atm.

Once Hal is fit again i would be tempted to play him on the left and moving G man onto the right but as it is id play Grant instead of Black atm.

Bingo.

Shame the window has passed as I'd choose none of the above. An area which really needs to be reinforced in the summer.

Gower is terrible on the right, I can't think of one good thing he did down the right channel last night. Oh, hang on.....

Black wasn't that bad last night. Why change a winning team anyway? Whether its down to his work off the ball or whatever, the team is winning with Black in it.

Leave Black in and leave the team unchanged [unless of course it goes tits up].

We've gone 11 unbeaten, there's no need to change anything.

At the end of the day, one player has to be the worst in the team but unless he undermines the results we're getting, it would be incredibly harsh to drop him.

I'd have liked to have seen Grant given the spot a few weeks back. At 11 unbeaten though I'd be reluctant to change anything.

Black for me too . It aint broke and it doesnt need fixing ! Sure it didnt really happen for him last night but lets not let people start lining him up for the "Harrold" treatment . He is a good experienced pro and that could prove priceless in the pressure of the next SEVEN games !!!!

Black all day long.

You shouldn't change a winning team, and whilst we are winning, Black has to hold down a place on the right hand side. He offers more of an attacking threat than Grant and Moussa and them two are only brought on with 15 minutes to go when Black is tiring and to see the game out.

We'd be unbalanced with Grant or Moussa wide right.

Back