• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we have a new manager appointed before Saturday I have a feeling he'll be watching from the stands and Waddock takes charge.
So if the football is total rubbish we can spend our time scrutinising the Director's box. Yep, good call @Ricey.

Lincoln job now available, wonder if that will cause issues for our search?

How does a new manager even get himself in place by Saturday? Even if he’s not currently in a job there’d be too much to do to be in place this week.

Waddock will take the team Saturday for sure

Our last two managers both took the team for their first games.

They may rely on those already around but the direction would come from the new man.

And whilst nothing has been announced/agreed it is conceivable that the new man has already been watching us - if not live then going back over the tapes.

Does Milligan even have his coaching badges yet?

He has been taking them, as I read somewhere that Ron Martin promised him a coaching role with the youths, U23s or even the first team, when he hangs up his boots. Coaching has been a long time ambition of his. So yes he should get a coaching role in the future, maybe even now with the new Manager. As for being the new Manager....no.

Last edited:
Ron aint rushing this one.....expect at least a fortnight

A fortnight from when though?

The rumours started nearly a fortnight ago.

FWIW I'm fine with a caretaker manager and taking our time but ever since Tilly's success forced Ron's hand, Ron seems averse to caretakers and likes to have the new man in within a week.

A fortnight from when though?

The rumours started nearly a fortnight ago.

FWIW I'm fine with a caretaker manager and taking our time but ever since Tilly's success forced Ron's hand, Ron seems averse to caretakers and likes to have the new man in within a week.

Financially it would please Ron immensely if he allowed Waddock a game or two and 2/3/4 or even 6 points would give him every reason to save a few quid and give it to Waddock

He has been taking them, as I read somewhere that Ron Martin promised him a coaching role with the youths, U32s or even the first team, when he hangs up his boots. Coaching has been a long time ambition of his. So yes he should get a coaching role in the future, maybe even now with the new Manager. As for being the new Manager....no.
U32s? How does that work? :Hilarious:

I know he is eyeing a move in to coaching... just unsure how far he's gone down that route so far.

He has been taking them, as I read somewhere that Ron Martin promised him a coaching role with the youths, U32s or even the first team, when he hangs up his boots. Coaching has been a long time ambition of his. So yes he should get a coaching role in the future, maybe even now with the new Manager. As for being the new Manager....no.
Were the under 32s started when we kept bringing old boys to the club?

I’m trying to keep the faith but does anybody else have a bit of a feeling of sad in the pit of their stomach? As though what should be the most important appointment in some years at SUFC is going to end up being completely disappointing and underwhelming?

I’m trying to keep the faith but does anybody else have a bit of a feeling of sad in the pit of their stomach? As though what should be the most important appointment in some years at SUFC is going to end up being completely disappointing and underwhelming?

Yep... I have a feeling that it's going to be a Waddock/Milligan combo.

More underwhelming than Bond was?

I'm not against an under the radar appointment. Sometimes the ones that seem the most meh turn out to be good. Steve Thompson exceeded all expectations whereas the likes of Wignall, Little, Newman, Whelan were poor. Who was calling for Tilly to be given the job but that turned out to be a masterstroke!

No I don’t think Waddock will get the job temp yeah it could be whoever comes in has to keep the coaching staff as it is who knows.

Darren currie from Barnet in the frame I know CP tweeted there were no truth in him being linked mind you I think a few managers will be linked with us

Surprisingly good coverage on Southend on BBC East tonight, including footage of Ron arriving at RH and Chris Phillips interviewed! Apparently Ron's phone has been ringing quite a bit since the weekend...

Back