• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You obviously haven't been their for a while, or perhaps you didn't bother having a look round. When I went there in early 80's we stood out a mile in our best clobber. Some bloke wearing flares tried to take a swing at me.

We were laughing at the toothless grinning locals....Not any more....Southend has become a dumping ground for London Boroughs, whilst Lincoln has become a great place for a weekender (I stayed their when we played Scunthorpe)

The locals support their club, so do people in the surrounding towns. We have more West Ham season ticket holders within 10 mile of RH than Southend.....Most people I know living in the likes of Leigh or Rayleigh never set foot in our high street.....The very high street that people in Lincoln would have been jealous of back in the 80's......Still it must be Ron Martin's fault....Surely can't be 4 decades of stupidity by incompetent councillors.

Good post, sad when you read it but accurately sums up our town at the moment. I have lived here all my life and it is depressing to see what is happening. Hopefully our football club can buck the trend and give everyone a lift.

After a few beers this afternoon in Melbourne my mate Marko (palace fan) and myself came up with the aussie duo of Kevin Muscat and his offsider being Milligan. Time gentlemen. That surely is ridiculous

my money is on Darren Currie to become our new manager...……...won his first 8 games with Barnet this season

my money is on Darren Currie to become our new manager...……...won his first 8 games with Barnet this season

Nope, he's already been ruled out.

It'll be someone who Ron doesn't have to pay out for, currently unemployed or already at the club.

Barnet 2019/20 season so far... P8 W3 D4 L1

I also wouldnt be suprised if he is on the list... even though the link was squashed by the club, for all we know they havent officialy approached him yet so their not going to blab to the media, "yeah weve spoken to his agent and he is interested".

Last edited:
Nope, he's already been ruled out.

It'll be someone who Ron doesn't have to pay out for, currently unemployed or already at the club.

Wow!!, when was that ruled out, only announced yesterday that we are preparing to approach him about the job

PAUL Clark has urged the Roots Hall hierarchy to show patience in their pursuit of the next Southend United manager.

More...

Barnet 2019/20 season so far... P8 W3 D4 L1

I also wouldnt be suprised if he is on the list... even though the link was squashed by the club, for all we know they havent officialy approached him yet so their not going to blab to the media, "yeah weve spoken to his agent and he is interested".

still 13 points more than us at the moment, sorry if I got the stats wrong, I should put my reading glasses on next time and take away the microscope

Cos when asked the club were always gonna say “yes of course we’ve made an approach, feel free to stick it on twitter, but just tell people to keep it quiet for now”

Cos when asked the club were always gonna say “yes of course we’ve made an approach, feel free to stick it on twitter, but just tell people to keep it quiet for now”

Quite possibly but I still say it's unlikely we'll poach a manager from another club. We haven't got a pot to **** in - we're hardly going to stump up compensation, especially if Waddock & Todorov are sacked rather than resign (which it doesn't look like).

Quite possibly but I still say it's unlikely we'll poach a manager from another club. We haven't got a pot to **** in - we're hardly going to stump up compensation, especially if Waddock & Todorov are sacked rather than resign (which it doesn't look like).
Where's the Dru money ? We're not talking big numbers here it's Barnet. Maybe £25-30k max imo. Plus his wages would be cheaper than Bonds by a considerable margin.

I wouldn’t be too adverse to the thought of Darren Currie. He’s well thought of within football circles and has done a steady if unspectacular job at Barnet, however it wasn’t the easiest of positions to step into initially and has been on an upward trend ever since.

For those that have looked wistfully over at the Cowley’s success story I wonder how many of them would’ve happily had them appointed while they were at Concord or even at Braintree? It’s all very well saying how we missed the boat once you’ve seen the evidence of success at Lincoln, it’s another thing altogether identifying their potential while they were down in non league in the early stages of turning round the fortunes of a club....

I wouldn’t be too adverse to the thought of Darren Currie. He’s well thought of within football circles and has done a steady if unspectacular job at Barnet, however it wasn’t the easiest of positions to step into initially and has been on an upward trend ever since.

For those that have looked wistfully over at the Cowley’s success story I wonder how many of them would’ve happily had them appointed while they were at Concord or even at Braintree? It’s all very well saying how we missed the boat once you’ve seen the evidence of success at Lincoln, it’s another thing altogether identifying their potential while they were down in non league in the early stages of turning round the fortunes of a club....
Exactly, the world is full of hindsight gurus

Back