• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surely if AB was going to leave Millwall then Lincoln would be a better option.

Have faith in RM to bring in the right person. We’re 6 games in and nothing is a certainty as regards how this season will pan out. I’ve read various comments about how we’re already relegated or how the odds are stacked against us such that we might as well throw in the towel now!! Why?? Let’s inject some positivity and look at the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Accrington and Bolton- we only need to finish on the same points and 1 goal better! We move forward from there. Get real and stop

Have faith in RM to bring in the right person. We’re 6 games in and nothing is a certainty as regards how this season will pan out. I’ve read various comments about how we’re already relegated or how the odds are stacked against us such that we might as well throw in the towel now!! Why?? Let’s inject some positivity and look at the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Accrington and Bolton- we only need to finish on the same points and 1 goal better! We move forward from there. Get real and stop
trust rm to get the right guy in. his track record so far ain't very good.

Surely if AB was going to leave Millwall then Lincoln would be a better option.
The rumours are Lincoln got a very nice payment in compensation for losing the Cowleys, whilst they're a bigger draw than us they won't need to take a gamble on an unproven manager like Barrett so I can't see them being interested.

Why do people assume the Lincoln squad will perform under a new manager ? Why are they a better proposition than us ? It’s a god forsaken place in the middle of nowhere for a start with zero potential to grow.

I reckon Bond could undo all of the Cowley’s good work in less than 3 weeks.

At least we have more exciting potential, **** or bust, stadium we survive no stadium we go under, what’s not to like ?

What odds on Phil Brown, I hate people who make comments like this but........
On my way out of the club shop this afternoon a guy who looked just like Brian Horton was driving into Roots Hall.

To be fair to him, when compared to Boris Johnson, Kevin Bond’s record isn’t looking so bad now.

Why do people assume the Lincoln squad will perform under a new manager ? Why are they a better proposition than us ? It’s a god forsaken place in the middle of nowhere for a start with zero potential to grow.

I reckon Bond could undo all of the Cowley’s good work in less than 3 weeks.

At least we have more exciting potential, **** or bust, stadium we survive no stadium we go under, what’s not to like ?

You obviously haven't been their for a while, or perhaps you didn't bother having a look round. When I went there in early 80's we stood out a mile in our best clobber. Some bloke wearing flares tried to take a swing at me.

We were laughing at the toothless grinning locals....Not any more....Southend has become a dumping ground for London Boroughs, whilst Lincoln has become a great place for a weekender (I stayed their when we played Scunthorpe)

The locals support their club, so do people in the surrounding towns. We have more West Ham season ticket holders within 10 mile of RH than Southend.....Most people I know living in the likes of Leigh or Rayleigh never set foot in our high street.....The very high street that people in Lincoln would have been jealous of back in the 80's......Still it must be Ron Martin's fault....Surely can't be 4 decades of stupidity by incompetent councillors.

You obviously haven't been their for a while, or perhaps you didn't bother having a look round. When I went there in early 80's we stood out a mile in our best clobber. Some bloke wearing flares tried to take a swing at me.

We were laughing at the toothless grinning locals....Not any more....Southend has become a dumping ground for London Boroughs, whilst Lincoln has become a great place for a weekender (I stayed their when we played Scunthorpe)

The locals support their club, so do people in the surrounding towns. We have more West Ham season ticket holders within 10 mile of RH than Southend.....Most people I know living in the likes of Leigh or Rayleigh never set foot in our high street.....The very high street that people in Lincoln would have been jealous of back in the 80's......Still it must be Ron Martin's fault....Surely can't be 4 decades of stupidity by incompetent councillors.

I think your view of Lincoln might be a little rose tinted, as someone that was posted to two RAF bases near the city and now lives not too far away there are some very dodgy areas, the town centre gets very dodgy south of the railway line and whilst they might have some fans at the moment most youngsters in the area tend to have to move away for work which isn't a great recipe for growing a strong fanbase.

as for a night out it's cracking, but with a Uni and several military bases nearby it would be shocking if they couldn't get that bit right.

Southend has always attracted migration from London. And Lincoln's gates weren't too impressive before the Cowleys arrived and the feelgood factor kicked in. Similar to us before Tilson, in fact.

I do agree they are a much more attractive proposition as a football club though, and especially for managers based in the north or midlands.

Back