• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Something to consider about AB.

Millwall have been crap for quite a while. The fans certainly want Harris out. Have we got rose tints on ? Yes he would probably give us a lift short term, Is he right long term ? More questions than answers. He would certainly have the fans behind him but for how long ?
What a load of rubbish if your going to comment at least have some true facts, Harris done a remarkable job with a very limited budget.and they are in the Championship

What a load of rubbish if your going to comment at least have some true facts, Harris done a remarkable job with a very limited budget.and they are in the Championship
Tell that to my Millwall mates. They are grateful for getting them up but they think last season was dire. Fact.

If anyone thinks our fans have been supporting over those 6 games they can't have been to any.

Started at Cov....Must have been one of the quietest away gatherings I can remember barely a whisper first half.....Didn't get any better v Blackpool.

Anyway our players don't need much of an excuse to have a day off........calling for AB should do nicely.

If anyone thinks our fans have been supporting over those 6 games they can't have been to any.

Started at Cov....Must have been one of the quietest away gatherings I can remember barely a whisper first half.....Didn't get any better v Blackpool.

Anyway our players don't need much of an excuse to have a day off........calling for AB should do nicely.
Absolute bollocks i've been to every game except MK. Fans have been great on the road.

By calling for AB we will be letting RM and management at the club see our feelings, I am not saying do not support the players we can do both.

By calling for AB we will be letting RM and management at the club see our feelings, I am not saying do not support the players we can do both.
I'd just want to see it done in a positive way, so potentially before the game to send a message about what 'we' want (remember, not everyone is convinced on it and there's certainly no single mind on it). What doesn't strike as being a good idea is busting it out if/as/when we concede a goal or things don't run our way.

If Waddock's in charge on Saturday, in my opinion, our role is primarily to get behind this team and start getting us out of this position.

I like Arch's raw passion and most of what he/she says holds water, but the words mean nothing without a managers name to them.

For those who'd rather we choose a nice safe been there done that type of manager, they're available for a reason, 99%of them were sacked at they're last job.

I've no clue who will be our next manager but None of those names on that list apart from Rowett inspire me at all.

I’m sure RM will be clear on people’s views but we know on here that a range of names are favoured so we could have lots of different names chanted. I’d much prefer people to get behind the team rather than take the focus off getting 3 points. As long as we are getting points I don’t care if Waddock stays for the season and we’ll get promoted.

Last edited:
Is the regular sarcasm really necessary? You can make your point a bit less passive aggressively and it would be appreciated if you would try to a bit more please. Cheers

In answer to your question. Yes.

Is your request of behalf of all of the mods?

You seem to have a real problem with me since I called you out for being rude and for editing the thread about bond.

Feel free to send me a message to discuss your concerns.

Last edited:
I dont believe Barrett will be manager here as yet ,we need a man not only can communicate with the players but also with management ,thats the only way we can become a family club once again, i do believe when Adam left last time he and RM werent exactly on good terms with each other , the club dosent need that at this time, we need harmony to start from the top (,management ) down to the players,all to be on one level a happy club with just one aim to avoid relegation,

Sorry, I don't think chanting for Barrett is going to help us at all at the moment - get behind the players and chant for them. Carpe diem and all that.

Sorry, I don't think chanting for Barrett is going to help us at all at the moment - get behind the players and chant for them. Carpe diem and all that.

For them to go a goal down and down tools yet again? They downed tools under Brown, they downed tools under Powell and they downed tools under Bond. They is no getting away from that.

The bare minimum from any player at Southend united, whether they are from the youth team, a loanee, a free transfer or a big signing is to put the graft in and these players have constantly let us down. I can take being beaten by a better side, I can take being beaten when we have one of those games where the ball wont go in but it’s been one way traffic. I won’t stand for us being beaten by downing tools. We can debate till we are blue in the face about whether players are “good enough”, but we should never have to debate about whether they are putting a shift in. In fact, that hasn’t even been a debate.

I’m all for getting behind the Club etc but these players don’t deserve it now. I used to think it was down to the fans to get behind the players to perform. Now, I think we are quite justified in letting the players being the ones that inspire us to make noise.

Did you go to Wycombe? The support there was fantastic until the mad substitutions towards the end of the game, also great support at Lincoln.

The team needs our support even more now so let's stick with the team and encourage rather than chant negatively, it doesn't help anyone...especially me who has a long trip down to Cornwall after the game.

Back