• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would you pick??

Andyhsufc

Director
Thought of scenario and wondered what people would do?

It is the 3rd of May 2008 and in the last game of the season ,we go into the game knowing that only a win would be enough for us to guarantee a play off place

We score early in the match but Port Vale snatch a goal back and it looks like that Southend have missed out until in the last minute, a southend player is hauled down and a penalty is awarded

The question is, is that if you could choose a player to take the penalty, who would it be? Who could take the pressure and bang it past the keeper?

Matt Harrold to stick it down the middle and fire us into the playoffs.

Promptly followed by him giving the boo boys the middle finger, as he then leaves for Wolves in a big summer move: with Freddy coming the opposite way :)

Mahe.....

Well, I'd go for Barnard as his accuracy seems the best, but Walker could be a decent bet.

I wouldn't let Walker near this situation myself. Think - the kid's, what, barely 18? Big time pressure, and if he misses and we stay down, you can bet your backside we'd be all over his, moaning. We've done it with Paynter, we're doing it with Matt, and at his age, that kick can completely send his confidence down the bog, potentially for the rest of his career. The first thing we think of when David Batty is mentioned is that kick in Euro 96. Batty was lucky, he was in the latter phase of his career, Walker isn't. I wouldn't want that kind of thing over my head like a cartoon rain cloud for the better part of my life.

Obviously depends on several things, at the present time I'd say Bailey or possibly Mulgrew.

revell...macca..charlie macc...bailey...gower, in that order. cos we'll probably have 5 attempts to get it in, with the goalie saving it and then the ball coming back off the post! be like watching a pin ball machine!

Back