• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who??....

Who would you support if SUFC was no more..?

• For Southendians: Another national club

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • For Exiles: Southend Manor

• For Exiles: Another local club (in Southend area)

• Total voters

Razam

Coach
If the worst were to happen, and SUFC was no more, who would you start supporting?

Me, I'd probably reluctantly start supporting Arsenal, as theyre the 3rd closest team to where I now live (West Spam & Borient are the closest, but I couldn't support them even if I wanted to!!). But I'd probably still keep up2date/follow any new Southend Utd re-incarnate aswell.

However I hope I never have to become a gooner.

I'd reckon I'd turn into one of those geeks that watch UK basketball and ice hockey tems.

Last edited:
If the worst were to happen, and SUFC was no more, who would you start supporting?

Me, I'd probably reluctantly start supporting Arsenal, as theyre the 3rd closest team to where I now live (West Spam & Borient are the closest, but I couldn't support them even if I wanted to!!). But I'd probably still keep up2date/follow any new Southend Utd re-incarnate aswell.

However I hope I never have to become a gooner.

Wash your mouth out!

There's not much left to like about football in this country so unless we re-formed I think that would be it for me.

I'd support AFC Southend although I would hope the name would subsequently revert back to Southend United like a lot of other teams who have reformed have done ie. Halifax Town etc. The name to me is important as it would feel like I am in a way still supporting MY club.

I'd go support Col U as they are my local team............ YEAH RIGHT!

Seriously speaking, I'd never support a club in the same way as SUFC. It's a bit like your first true love...."There's a piece of Maria in every song that I sing." (Mrs Potters Lullaby - Counting Crows)

You'd always been comparing it to Southend and never really find a team that matched up! :)

The oldest team in the world !!

I saw them play Billericay Town in the 1977 Fa vase final , both at Wembley and the replay at Notts Forest

I still haven't seen them play since moving up here... but it's definitely on my ToDo list.

Some random team in some hot country! somewhere in UAE or something!

Is there not a Southend United in Ireland... maybe them, but only in the summer!

It'd have to be AFC Southend. But if Southend do get wound up, perhaps the Shrimpers Trust (as they are owed £60,000) could demand the copyright to the Southend logo, and use of the name Southend United Football Club than rather get money back.

I imagine I'd end up with the Daggers as they're 10 mins from me. I don't think I could justify a 60 mile round trip for Essex Senior League football to be honest.

But it doesn't matter because we're not going anywhere.

My uncle is a massive Spurs fan who travelled to wherever they were playing when I was young so had a lot of Spurs influence. Been on holiday to Greece so many times, made many greek friends who all support Olympiakos, and have some Danish friends who support Bronby. I have a soft spot for all these, but they could never take the place of my beloved SUFC.

There could be no other team for me.

Also, this talk of "AFC Southend" really irritates me. Why, when a new club rises from the ashes, must it have the letters AFC preceeding it?? It sounds rubbish. I would favour a more imaginitive name based on the club's history such as Southend 1906 FC

Back