• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who's it going to be?

please tell me your joking about Owen Coyle!?!

Last job Ross County and resigned bottom of the league!

This is getting beyond a joke! Why have we not announced a new manager.

This is getting beyond a joke! Why have we not announced a new manager.

I'm assuming there MUST be a good reason for the delay. Didn't Ron say he would explain when the appointment is announced? Just hope it's an announcement which will please the majority, due either to the name or the additions (finance?/players?) which will come with it. If it is just a name, which doesn't inspire, there are going to be a lot of very disappointed people on here.

I understand an appointment was close yesterday but for whatever reason there was a last-minute hitch. Which means it'll probably be a few more days before we hear anything.

Sorry to disappoint but I don't think it's got anything to do with mystery foreign backers.

I understand an appointment was close yesterday but for whatever reason there was a last-minute hitch. Which means it'll probably be a few more days before we hear anything.

Sorry to disappoint but I don't think it's got anything to do with mystery foreign backers.

why cant you say in your opinion whats caused it then?

Who is it than?

So predictable, the lack of an all you can eat smorgasbord at The Roslin was always going to be a stumbling block

why cant you say in your opinion whats caused it then?

I don't have a clue what's caused it, but I gather that the new owner theory has already been dismissed by those more ITK than me (PA's Matt Slater for one).

All I know is we almost appointed someone yesterday, but didn't.

I don't have a clue what's caused it, but I gather that the new owner theory has already been dismissed by those more ITK than me (PA's Matt Slater for one).

All I know is we almost appointed someone yesterday, but didn't.

Ok but how do you know we nearly appointed someone yesterday, and any idea who?

I don’t get it, how can you almost appoint someone. It’s been 35 days since Bond left. Ron Martin is making our club look even more of a joke than it already is. I normally am one to stick by him but what with yet another delay on the stadium and still no announcement this week when he said it would be last week! Is it really that hard!

Ok but how do you know we nearly appointed someone yesterday, and any idea who?

No idea who I'm afraid, unfortunately it seems everyone is in the dark. I have a source at the Echo (newsdesk, not CP although I know Chris well too) as I used to work there, and they were all expecting something yesterday but it all fell down.

All conjecture from there, but I would imagine it will take a few more days to either iron out whatever went wrong with their main choice, or to sort things out with another candidate.

When agents are involved, delays are inevitable as they mostly try and squeeze every penny. Ron hates dealing with agents, which probably doesn't help.

We are going round in circles here but perhaps the delay has to do with the managerial situation at Millwall after all. Each day brings a different scenario but I somehow doubt that we will be any the wiser until next week now.

And all this delay in appointing a new manager is more than likely putting more pressure on the players, it’s not helping at all, how long does this take, hopefully it will be announced before tomorrow’s game.

Back