• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

whos with me

Tilson_Blues

Youth Team
if we go down and sack tilson i will not renew my season ticket..
i dont hink anyone could do better in current circumstances look who we nearly got instead brian talbot another failure on the merry go round ian atkins the same tilly is the only man for the job for me what ever division we are in next year.

its your choice but im sure tilly will be about if not ron matin could pick the team i would pay good money to see that wouldnt you

lets hope that doesnt happen, and we avoid relegation, but no matter what always support the team
whos with me!

Tilson is unlikely to get sacked with the time left he has on his contract and the lack of money we have to pay him off. Ron would also become even more unpopular than he is now.

lets hope that doesnt happen, and we avoid relegation, but no matter what always support the team
whos with me!

I've been supporting them since 1958, through good times but mainly bad or worse. Can't see that changing whoever is managing the club, but I just hope we continue to have an SUFC to support.

you two make me feel like a newbie, '84 for myself, seen amazing things and abysmal things, must admit going back down to div 4 again is a depressing thought, i genuinely though we were done with all that!

If Tilson gets the boot then I'll still support the team and won't be boycotting anything as will the vast majority of supporters. I like the guy and hope he gets to lead this club to the new stadium but if he's not there, it's not going to stop me turning up for my weekly dose of self harming. Sticking pins in my eyes would have been more pleasurable than watching some of the dross this season to be honest but I still go whoever the manager is - and so will all of you.

If Tilson gets the boot then I'll still support the team and won't be boycotting anything as will the vast majority of supporters. I like the guy and hope he gets to lead this club to the new stadium but if he's not there, it's not going to stop me turning up for my weekly dose of self harming. Sticking pins in my eyes would have been more pleasurable than watching some of the dross this season to be honest but I still go whoever the manager is - and so will all of you.

I think its "that dross" that scares me the most, the standard of football in that league is mostly something you wouldnt wish on your worst enemy, let alone pay 25 notes for. As a team, especially in the previous few seasons we let ourselves get dragged down to that level, and regardless of who goes or stays at the end of the season, our current squad havent go enough about them to walk league 2 next year. lets face it, the only way to get promoted is to get a 25 a season striker!

I think you will find if the team under performs, it's always the managers fault!

completley 100% disagree look at liverpool and rafa what he have to do to ge sacked. then back to ourselves imo it is not at all tillys fault no money selling our only goal scorer trying to motivate a team not being payed on time and having mor defence partnerships than ive had hod dinners mourinhio wouldnt do better in this !!

I think its "that dross" that scares me the most, the standard of football in that league is mostly something you wouldnt wish on your worst enemy, let alone pay 25 notes for. As a team, especially in the previous few seasons we let ourselves get dragged down to that level, and regardless of who goes or stays at the end of the season, our current squad havent go enough about them to walk league 2 next year. lets face it, the only way to get promoted is to get a 25 a season striker!

We just sold him...

I am slightly peed off with Barney actually, I said all along if he goes we are looking at relegation. We got him in when nobody else seemed interested, helped him get fit, played him every game. He had no loyalty to this club. He could have stayed till the end of the season, played well, then got a bigger move than Southampton. Getting the money for him now means nothing when we lose thousands when relegated.

Ron will never sack Tilly. Tilly walk maybe but will never be sacked. Remember Ron gave him an extended deal when we got relegated from the championship.

What he said...

My love of Southend United Football Club is bigger than a few results, or a popular player, manager, or chairman.

I didn't stop supporting SUFC when Webb and Jobson fell out and Webby walked, I didn't stop supporting SUFC when we appointed Alvin Martin even though I despised him from the outset. If Tilly walks or gets the push (this aint gonna happen btw), then another manager will come in and I'll still turn up week-in-week-out and offer my support.

I am a supporter; that's what I do!

Ron Martin will NOT sack Tilly. He feels Tilly is the best man for the job. FACT!

I support Southend United so if Tilson is sacked, I will still be going along.

Yes, I'd much rather have Tilson in charge, but my loyalty is towards the Club rather than a manager, player, chairman, director etc.

We just sold him...

I am slightly peed off with Barney actually, I said all along if he goes we are looking at relegation. We got him in when nobody else seemed interested, helped him get fit, played him every game. He had no loyalty to this club. He could have stayed till the end of the season, played well, then got a bigger move than Southampton. Getting the money for him now means nothing when we lose thousands when relegated.

I remember saying those exact things to my brother when it was rumoured he'd go, I thought being a local lad, adored by the fans, and the fact that we stuck by him throughout his injuries etc, he might have stayed. before i get slated i realise theres the bigger club/wages, contract running out, we dont want to break the wage structure etc, but it seems we were merely a stepping stone yet again.

Back