• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Whose fault?

def che i was sitting south upper and he ducked under the ball under pressure from the big fella pavel

Is it time for a poll on the subject
down.gif

Well I blame the juvenille w @ n k e r s in West Block W who started the 'Easy Easy' chant when we won a corner 30 seconds before Abbot got possession. They did exactly the same thing when Barrett beat Port Vale's winger in the corner of the pitch a fortnight ago. Barrett's clearance went straight to Vale's right back and 20 seconds later the ball was in our net.

They later treated us to such classics as "You're going to get your fcuking heads kicked in", "Come and join us over here" and "You're going home in a Southend ambulance".

Embarrassing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Aug. 21 2005,20:26)]Well I blame the juvenille w @ n k e r s  in West Block W who started the 'Easy Easy' chant when we won a corner 30 seconds before Abbot got possession.  They did exactly the same thing when Barrett beat Port Vale's winger in the corner of the pitch a fortnight ago.  Barrett's clearance went straight to Vale's right back and 20 seconds later the ball was in our net.

They later treated us to such classics as "You're going to get your fcuking heads kicked in", "Come and join us over here" and "You're going home in a Southend ambulance".

Embarrassing.
I sit in West block V and I was stunned by some of the stuff they were chanting, it was disgraceful. I'm all for a bit of banter with the away fans but that was, as you say, embarrassing and has no place at a football ground. We are generally regarded as a friendly club with other supporters, it's these kind of people that ruin it for the rest of us.

And don't even get me started on the Easy chant. It was perfectly summed up in All At Sea, when they said it's ok at 5-0 or so. But at 1-0 or 1-1? Hardly easy, is it?
rock.gif

Damn you Soccer AM. You shut up!

Oh dear. Doing the Easy chant is obscenely annoying.

5-0 up, yes, fine.
5-0 down, yes fine.
Northern Ireland keeping the ball for about 5 mins against England, again fine.

1-1? What?!

Some people were chanting it when we were 2-1 down in the Port Vale game.

Perhaps they were enjoying seeing us lose. And thought that losing was easy?!?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Aug. 21 2005,20:26)]Well I blame the juvenille w @ n k e r s  in West Block W who started the 'Easy Easy' chant when we won a corner 30 seconds before Abbot got possession.  They did exactly the same thing when Barrett beat Port Vale's winger in the corner of the pitch a fortnight ago.  Barrett's clearance went straight to Vale's right back and 20 seconds later the ball was in our net.

Embarrassing.
Wahaaaaaaaay. This may be the kiss of death but this wins the ORM post of the week nomination.

Spot on !

As a defener myself the first thing that you learn is you have to attack the ball while it is in the air and not let in bounce. From he time that Che failed to do that I think he was at fault.

Agree with other points such as why was he one on one with Abbott and also that he had a good game apart from that but really cannot blame anyone but him for the goal.

DtS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Aug. 22 2005,10:04)]As a defener myself the first thing that you learn is you have to attack the ball while it is in the air and not let in bounce. From he time that Che failed to do that I think he was at fault.

Agree with other points such as why was he one on one with Abbott and also that he had a good game apart from that but really cannot blame anyone but him for the goal.

DtS
Totally agree. Che should ahve attacked the ball with his head. If he'd done that the attack Abbot would have had to work much harder. Having seen the goal again, it was a much better finish than I'd first thought. A lot of other strikers would have needed another touch and might have looked to create a better angle.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Aug. 22 2005,10:04)]As a defener myself the first thing that you learn is you have to attack the ball while it is in the air and not let in bounce. From he time that Che failed to do that I think he was at fault.

DtS
At the time I felt it was a howler from Che, you just can't let the ball drop and it's so uncharacteristic because he is usually so reliable in the air.

Having seen it on the TV though Abbott did appear to be holding him down and it looks a clear foul, didn't see it at the time though.

Ironically the time that was added on for him to backchat to the ref gave him the opportunity to score the equaliser.

Wasn't impressed by the officials although can't have too more complaints about Eastwood's dismissal.

I was in the south upper bang in line with the ball and che was defo fouled, hats off to Abbott as it was very clever play from him as he just tugged on Wilson arm as he leant back to clear it.
The ref had no chance of seeing it but the lino should of spotted it, it just summed up the lino's day really he had a mare!!!
Having said that i feel Che should've headed the ball clear, but he decided to let it bounce and clear it.

One major rule in defending long balls , don't let it bounce, so if you look at it from that point of view then yes Che was at fault.

Back