• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just happened to click on the Col Ewe half-time vid from a couple of seasons back.

Bar trips to Ewe I cannot recall other occasions when our mascots have been at away games, (reckon they are just part-timers). We sometimes see it with other clubs at Roots and personally I think it always adds something to the atmosphere.

Granted, Sammy away at Plymouth on a Tues eve JPT match with 100 or so Shrimper's might be taking it a tad too far, but ordinarily I reckon their presence will help galvanise the away support.

The ice cream cone lookalike will undoubtedly come in for some stick from the home support on travels, but that is all part of the fun.

What do you think?

And who is are the folk that dress up as Sammy and Elvis anyway? Anyone know? Garry Glitter has been quiet of late.

UTB

Think we saw a couple of away mascots at Roots Hall last season, if it's good enough for them, then we ought to be doing so too where allowed. Although I do appreciate that whoever they are, they probably also want to watch the game with their mates which is a tad difficult in that get up!

Good question...

Both Elvis and Sammy do travel the length and width of the Country but not to many away games, certainly this season admittedly. Generally they are present at many events and Charity days all spreading the good word of the club across the Land - much more than they get credit for which is a shame.

They have sometimes requested to travel to opposition stadiums but this request is not always accepted by the hosting club. Some of the games that the lads would have gone to fell on a Friday/Tuesday and due to work commiments it was not always possible to attend.

Additionally, the mascots are very active within the Community and appearances are sometimes held on the same day and same time as away games. The Club only have one mascot of each and therefore cannot be in two places at once unlike some of the other clubs mascots who you see.

I know for a fact that Elvis and Sammy are very much looking forward to next season and do intend on visiting other stadiums, one other thing to remember is alot of clubs we visit simply cannot accomodate the mascots due to facilities...

Never the less, good question and thank you for raising it.

Properly the same reason most fans dont travel to away games they cant be arsed,skint,away at centre pacs :winking: or maybe we can blame Rn Martin

If they did go would they travel up fully kitted out?

Have this vision of them travelling up in a Wallace and Gromit style motorbike and side car.

Hang on a sec, and I'll merge this with Captain Birdseye's big questions to be answered thread.

Back