• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In todays Echo, Brown said he was looking to extend his loan further.. If we are no closer to bring anyone else in, then might as well keep him - surely cant be a big drain on our coffers.

2zipl5u.gif

So, isn't it possible to farm-out Reid, Straker on loan, and not extend Woodrow's stay, this will open up the options to PB, rather than have to hit it "spot on" with only one option should he hang onto what we've got ??

Why? ..............................

Because, if memory serves me right, we appear to have lost the last 4 games...and need ;

1; A big shake-up amongst the current incumbents,
2; Clearly missing competion for places
3; A Centre-back is required
4; According to other "threads" , also a midfielder and a "fast" striker.

So, when I went to school 3 - 3 = 0 + 3 newbies = balance on numbers

Because, if memory serves me right, we appear to have lost the last 4 games...and need ;

We dont need a midfielder, we have them coming out of our ears and Laird to return.

I also dont think we need a big shake up. Certainly if we were playing terrible every week we would but we were 2 minutes from a good win last week, I dont see the need to change 3 or 4 players because of one header that should have been won.

Whilst we certainly could do with strengthening I still think we should be doing better with the players we have, ie getting better results as the performances havent been that far from what we need them to be.

We have a small squad and you want to make it even smaller by loaning players out?

We dont need a midfielder, we have them coming out of our ears and Laird to return.

I say not all midfielders are the same so you can't lump them into one homogeneous group. To state the obvious, some are lefties, some are righties and some more central ......... not to mention attack minded and defence minded.

I say we could do with an attack minded central midfielder. A la Moussa, Grant or Bailey mould/type/style.

Hash tag: Justmyopinionyouknow

Ayrshire, you're hard work, line up "replacements", release surplus... to stay within umbargo rules........it's like looking for another job whilst you're still gainfully employed...

I say not all midfielders are the same so you can't lump them into one homogeneous group. To state the obvious, some are lefties, some are righties and some more central ......... not to mention attack minded and defence minded.

I say we could do with an attack minded central midfielder. A la Moussa, Grant or Bailey mould/type/style.

Hash tag: Justmyopinionyouknow

So we need an attacking midfielder like Gazza, a commanding centre half like Tony Adams and a fast pacy striker like Michael Owen.

Should be easy :)

Id love any of those but how many of those types are currently free agents?

So we need an attacking midfielder like Gazza, a commanding centre half like Tony Adams and a fast pacy striker like Michael Owen.

Should be easy :)

Id love any of those but how many of those types are currently free agents?

I think all 3 of those mentioned are free agents :winking:

Ayrshire, you're hard work, line up "replacements", release surplus... to stay within umbargo rules........it's like looking for another job whilst you're still gainfully employed...

We can't just release players, need to pay off their contract which requires cash.

Back