• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why should Ron waste his money?

blue heaven

Coach
Why would Ron waste his money when his manager is incapable of making any decent signings lets be honest the dosh Tilly has wasted is not acceptable,perhaps we need to look at our scouting system and who makes the final decision on the signings.Lets be honest which of our players would feature i a league 1 (11).
BAILEY and thats it.

Bad buys-Foran,Hammell,Hooper,Harrold,Richards,Francis,Gilbert,Black,Morgan

Good buys-Bailey,Macca

Enough said.

Also don't accept Hoops was a bad buy. I don't remember exactly what but he can't have cost very much at all and he's still a youngster so is still developing. Gilbert's only a loanee, Francis was a bit on the steep side to have been sat out on the sidelines for so long and I still think he's got a part to play.

Oh, and don't forget one Freddy Eastwood, plus JCR.

Why would Ron waste his money when his manager is incapable of making any decent signings lets be honest the dosh Tilly has wasted is not acceptable,perhaps we need to look at our scouting system and who makes the final decision on the signings.Lets be honest which of our players would feature i a league 1 (11).
BAILEY and thats it.

Good buys-Bailey,Macca

Enough said.

Oh dear. Do tell me your having a giggle won't you.

Foran - Has he been given a run? No. I personally can't comment on him till he's been given a run, like harrold or et al. I dont think he's up to scratch though.
Hammell - I think he's great. He works amazingly well with Gower down that left side, and they can be amazing to watch at times. He's certainly not a bad buy.
Hooper - Not the best buy, but certainly has his uses.
Harrold - Holds the ball up well and brings something to the team which we need. Leon seems to do better with him than anyone else, because he can feed off of him.
Richards - No-nonsense defender. Exactly what we need. Why havn't we been playing him though. He's certainly not a bad buy, and I think this is the person who could potentially solve our goal leaking crisis. It won't stop them all, but I think he could cut out quite a few of them if given a good run in the side.
Francis - He's League one standard without a doubt. How you can say he's a bad buy I will never no. He's dangerous when going forward and walks all over Hunt. Quite why hunt is still playing over francis is beyond me. He adds height to attacks and when in defence, he could possibly add a bit more height when defending set pieces.
Gilbert - He wasn't a buy, and he certainly won't be bought.
Black - I really like him. When he's in form, he's really in form and can be a force to be reckoned with. Him and gower on the wings at times are great fun to watch and laugh at the opposition getting terrorised. I'm glad we bought him.
Morgan - Complete and utter donkey.

Really if we carry on with the above we will slip down the table,time to ship out the above and get some reinforcments in.Dont know how you can defend the above perhaps the only one I have been a bit harsh on was Richards but the rest can go.
Sorry Jay Shrimper we need to the shuffle the pack soon other wise we could be looking over our shoulders in the second part of the season,as at the moment I cant see where our next 3 points are coming from.Remember we all follow our beloved blues so we only want the best for them

Black - I really like him. When he's in form, he's really in form and can be a force to be reckoned with. Him and gower on the wings at times are great fun to watch and laugh at the opposition getting terrorised. I'm glad we bought him.

he was absolutely shocking this afternoon(admittedly he wasnt alone) but for someone trying to nail down a first team place i really expected much more. after today i would not have him in the team again.

BAILEY and thats it.

Good buys-Bailey,Macca

Enough said.

Agreed!

The whole team and tactics have become stale. Yes Tilly is a legend at SUFC, and has done great things etc etc. But for the sake of the club, he should step down and let someone else have a go. Someone with new ideas and with a different eye for a player in the transfer market.

BAILEY and thats it.

Good buys-Bailey,Macca

Enough said.

:confused: Did I miss something? We bought Morgan & Gilbert? Where the hell have I been?

Agreed!

The whole team and tactics have become stale. Yes Tilly is a legend at SUFC, and has done great things etc etc. But for the sake of the club, he should step down and let someone else have a go. Someone with new ideas and with a different eye for a player in the transfer market.

And if that somebody is not a success what happens?

Agreed!

Good grief Tony, it's like hearing an old record. Please say something original.

Was Tilly an immediate sucess when he first took over?

Yes, unreservedly.

We were 23rd in the league and clawed our way clear of a relegation battle while reaching the LDV final, inside 7 months.

The following season promotion via the play offs and another LDV final.

Now answer my question.

Yes, unreservedly.

We were 23rd in the league and clawed our way clear of a relegation battle while reaching the LDV final, inside 7 months.

Now answer my question.

Great point well made. Come on mods, get that rep system up again! :p

Yes, unreservedly.

Now answer my question.

How will we know if a new manager could or couldn't be a sucess if we dont give him that chance?

Tilson was given a chance and took it, now we've become too predictable and stale and a change is needed.

I know i'm in a minority, but thats just how i feel.

Wish i could.

Maybe oneday Tilson will slate his players after a poor defeat, and say they weren't good enough.

Tony please answer me this. Did you really expect us to beat Donny at their place who from all reports are a bloody good team. If you did I think you're pretty deluded. I'm not saying I didn't want us to win today but be realistic, it was a long shot.

Wish i could.

Maybe oneday Tilson will slate his players after a poor defeat, and say they weren't good enough.

"I was very disappointed with our defending from set pieces today," Steve told Blues World.

"We have let ourselves down because you can't afford to let in three goals from set pieces at this level.

what Tilly said on the OS!

How will we know if a new manager could or couldn't be a sucess if we dont give him that chance?

Tilson was given a chance and took it, now we've become too predictable and stale and a change is needed.

I know i'm in a minority, but thats just how i feel.

Well coming after a poll on Shrimperzone saying Tilson is our best ever manager, I think you are thankfully in a minority.

Back