• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WickfordShrimper

President
Shame I have a job… but anyone on the rock and roll or fancies bunking of work living round The Sunny Wickford/Basildon/Pitsea area.. come on down..

Good to see finally Southend United have decided to take the roadshow to the Hot bed of the of where our main Support comes from...

One Team In Sunny Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

details delow ...

The next location for Southend United’s ‘Blues 4 Kids’ Roadshow is…Wickford!!! We will be in the town’s High Street this Thursday 30th August, and we will be situated next to Peacocks and Boots (near the Willowdale Centre). The Roadshow will run from 10am – 4pm.
We will have exclusive SUFC giveaways and goody-bags, table football challenge, penalty shoot-out, coaching advice, plus guest Appearances from Sammy & Elvis and two of our 1st Team Players. You will also be able to find out information on all Blues 4 Kids events taking place throughout the season for our young Blues fans via our ‘Blues 4 Kids Info Packs’, which will be handed out at all of the events.
Blues 4 Kids includes:

To view photos from our Southend, Basildon, Rayleigh and Chelmsford Roadshows, please go to www.southendunitedpics.co.uk. If you have any photos from these Roadshows, please feel free to email them to nina.drew@southend-united.co.uk and we will put them on the website for you!
As part of ‘Blues 4 Kids’ we have also launched a Junior Loyalty Scheme, where our young fans can gain loyalty stamps for taking part in various Blues events, joining one of our Junior Membership schemes, purchase a replica shirt…and much more. You can get your Loyalty Scheme Booklet stamped at our Ticket Office or Main Reception here at Roots Hall.
For further information on Blues 4 Kids events, our Junior Loyalty Scheme, or to have our Blues 4 Kids Roadshow visit your school or an event near you, please contact the Blues 4 Kids Team:
Blues 4 Kids Co-ordinator: Nina Drew
Telephone: 01702 304147
Email: nina.drew@southend-united.co.uk

Last edited:
Shouldnt Nina drew be out solving crimes or was that her sister Nancy.

Nina is a very nice and helpful person at the club!

We went to the Rayleigh version and errrm, roadshow, errr yeah needs imagination to think of it as such. It was more a tent in a field. Highlight was Mooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuussssa and Charlie Ade-whatshisname arrived but not until 2:00pm.

Needed a blues bouncy castle and other kiddie attractions I think to get the real attendence they had hoped for. Its a good idea but a few more pennies need to be spent on the "roadshow".

Was going to pop along with my kids (not that I live in the Wickford area), but I'm not sure I can stand around in Wickford High Street for 2 hours waiting for players to turn up.

The announcer on Tuesday stated 'that the full Blues first team will be in attendance'. Looking at the pictures from Rayleigh & Southend I doubt it will be more than 2 players.

Back