• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Sodje 8 solid as a rock, great aerial ability and bullet header of a goal, do we drop A.B, P.C or leave it as it is?
Jay Smith 9 just what we are looking for, sublime defence opening perfectly waited through balls, god why doesn't he get a proper chance?
Mitchell Cole 8 very lively, skillfull and pacy runs, just needs to be fitted with an oxygen tank!
Lawson 7 good quick feet, final ball not great but still a good prospect and better than a Mr. Paynter!
Hooper 10 what a find, great skill, vision awareness and topped it off with a good goal, put him in the squad now!
Ricketts 8 looked like a taller Bramble lethargically moaping about but was quality when the ball came to him, good feet, skill, dummies, strength and could be useful in the air, didn't reappear for the 2nd half, getting consecutive games out of him could be the only problem, but he has certainly got something!
All in all a very entertaining game and the above players all showed just what they can do, lets hope Tilson gives them a chance if his current 1st teamers play below par!

Good stuff Wiggy - but did we only put 7 out this afternoon?!

upside.gif

What about the others?  As for the ones above getting a chance... interesting stuff.  Tilson presumably subscribes to the theory that if you do the business in the reserves, then you have to be knocking on the first team door.  On that basis, Efe, Jay and Hooper have got to be in Tilson's thoughts, we hope.

Matt

Wiggy

I think you missed out Collis. Given our tendency to concede from corners, I'm sure we are all wanting to know how Collis commanded his area, given that he kept another cleansheet.

Many thanks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Sep. 05 2006,16:43)]Jay Smith 9 just what we are looking for, sublime defence opening perfectly waited through balls, god why doesn't he get a proper chance?
Mitchell Cole 8 very lively, skillfull and pacy runs, just needs to be fitted with an oxygen tank!
Jay Smith was appaling, hardly ever found a blue shirt with his passing, I don't recall any through balls, he was generally just poor.

Mitchell Cole, a difficult one, has the pace and skill, if he could cross he'd be a good player, also got a clattering within the first couple of minutes. And doesn't play wide enough.

That ref was shocking, no wonder he was doing a reserve game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 05 2006,16:52)]Good stuff Wiggy - but did we only put 7 out this afternoon?!

upside.gif

What about the others?  As for the ones above getting a chance... interesting stuff.  Tilson presumably subscribes to the theory that if you do the business in the reserves, then you have to be knocking on the first team door.  On that basis, Efe, Jay and Hooper have got to be in Tilson's thoughts, we hope.

Matt
I am amazed anyone other than Jay Smith got a mark with Wiggy.
glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Sep. 05 2006,16:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Sep. 05 2006,16:43)]Jay Smith 9 just what we are looking for, sublime defence opening perfectly waited through balls, god why doesn't he get a proper chance?
Jay Smith was appaling, hardly ever found a blue shirt with his passing, I don't recall any through balls, he was generally just poor.

Mitchell Cole, a difficult one, has the pace and skill, if he could cross he'd be a good player, also got a clattering within the first couple of minutes. And doesn't play wide enough.

That ref was shocking, no wonder he was doing a reserve game.
What was Joel Leidgster like - Meant to be good from what I hear?

DtS

Also some of the short passing between the midfielder and strikers was just worthless, a simple 5-10 yard pass went straight to the opposition.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 05 2006,16:54)]Wiggy

I think you missed out Collis. Given our tendency to concede from corners, I'm sure we are all wanting to know how Collis commanded his area, given that he kept another cleansheet.

Many thanks
O.K then here goes, Collis one cross spilled, one swerving shot well saved, of the others i didn't really bother because the rest are just going to fill in for injuries etc because we know all about them and basically are not as ood as the ones that are playing now. Here we go, Che done ok, but loves the long ball, not as good as Hammel, Prior done ok, but is now behind the other 3, young right back, doubt we will see him again, Hunt, another long ball merchant 3 or 4 in front of him now, right wing sub, don't know his name, worth another look, tricky and made a couple of things happy and brought out good save by keeper, that's it i think folks!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Sep. 05 2006,17:05)]right wing sub, don't know his name, worth another look, tricky and made a couple of things happy and brought out good save by keeper, that's it i think folks!
I believe that was Ledgister (sp), did do well after coming on at half time, then having the ref to tell him to go off, and then letting play go on with us having ten men before the ball went out of play so we could bring him back on.

Decent cross for Hooper's goal.

collis 8 - a good save and commanded his box well
che 7 - quite but effective, pushed forwards in the second half... hammell is miles better though
callum thingybob - 6.5 good on the ball and position wise, but sometimes didnt read the play and had the midfield scrambling around him at times
efe 9 MOTM - we have missed him so much, in the air is he quality, and not afraid to put the boot him, took his goal well but was a free header so wouldnt have expected anything less
spinner 7 - quiet and let efe get on with it, think he is now 4th choice CB and he knows it
peanut 7 - good and shocking often at the same time
cole 8 - looked good, still needs to work on crossing
jay smith 7 - played well but would have liked to see more in attack, no proper killing through balls but pinged it around well
hunt 7 - good performance, nothing flashy but defended well, often helping callum cairns out
hooper 9 - got better and better, definitely one for the future (maybe even this season, i woul dbe disappointed if we loaned him cos he is really good)
ricketts 7.5 - looked lazy when not on the ball but i think that is his style, looks class on the ball, had 2 good shots with each foot and is good in the air and at passing, if we get him fit he is 1st team for sure

subs:
joel legister 9 - quality crosses with both feet, especially the one for hoopers goal
cowley 6, did feck all
the really short blonde one 6 - good on the ball but no positional sense at all

Will be interesting to see if Tilly will be tempted to put Hooper on the bench Saturday - definately has something about him.
Good to have Efe knocking on the door again too.
wink.gif

well I hope to see Sodje on the bench on saturday
probably too early to see Ricketts but if he can play 45 mins he for sure could play 20-25 mins if we needed him
Would you rather have Hooper or Lawason on the bench

Headaches, who would want to be a manager

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Sep. 05 2006,17:53)]wiggy in spouting cr@p shocker!
Not true , I was not as impressed with Jay Smith as wiggy is , but most of the rest of the report seemed quite fair.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Sep. 05 2006,17:57)]
[b said:
Not true , I was not as impressed with Jay Smith as wiggy is , but most of the rest of the report seemed quite fair.
The General in spouting cr@p shocker!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Sep. 05 2006,17:12)]cowley 6, did feck all
the really short blonde one 6 - good on the ball but no positional sense at all
The really short blonde one IS David Cowley though!
oops.gif
tounge.gif
A very talented young player by all accounts as well.

The other sub used was Lindie, the 'other' ginger striker we have who is interesting Chelsea.

Glad to hear Hooper did well. I do really rate him myself. Nice to hear Mitchell doing well as well. Wonder if Ledgister will break through as well?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Sep. 05 2006,17:57)]
[b said:
Me neither. He looked much better in the second half but he was awful first half.

10 for Hooper ? He did have a good game but didnt do enough to warrant a 10.

Other than that a fair representation.

Cole and Sodje stood out for me, both had good games.

The little blonde guy who came on on the left wing looked pretty lively too.

Back