• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WIGGY'S RESERVE TEAM RATING'S

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Collis 6 not much to do, one good palm away, not sure he wants the crosses either.
Che 5 first half distribution awful, come in your time is up.
No.2 3 don't know his name, don't wanna know his name, awful.
Sodje 7 That's how you head a ball Peter Clarke, must start saturday.
Prior 6 done ok, bit all at sea couple of times second half.
Gutts 6 again done ok but you would never think he wanted his place back, one good ball through to Smithy but generally no impact, shame because as bad as he has been playing overall he is a better midfielder than Hunt.
Jay Smith 7 Not involved much 1st half but hit the bar and a couple of great through balls 2nd half. Freddy and Hoops would gobble these up but unfortunately our negative manager prefers to go sideways
Coloured fella and young blondie 5 each, not what we are looking for.
Ricketts 6 definately more use to us than painter as at least he is tall, slipped in Hooper and got something about him. Not sure we will ever find out though as he ambles about like a giant tree and his fitness makes Mitch Cole look like a marathon runner.
Hoops 9 two goals, great movement, great touch, coulb be better than Freddy as he is such a natural goalscorer. If Tilson tries to justify Paynter and decorator again this weekend then quiet honestly his reputation is more important to him than points.

by the sound of that and going by your word i would like to see Hooper starting because whenever i have seen him play he shows flair and the will to win the ball back.
smile.gif

Good stuff Wiggy although I'd hasten to add that Tilly's important reputation is almost wholly dependant upon the points his signings produce rather than a product of pointless signings...

Given what you saw today, what team would you start with against Derby?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Sep. 26 2006,16:51)]Good stuff Wiggy although I'd hasten to add that Tilly's important reputation is almost wholly dependant upon the points his signings produce rather than a product of pointless signings...

Given what you saw today, what team would you start with against Derby?
Biased i know but i really do think Smith's through balls can make us goals and to take advantage of this we need all the movement and skill of Hooper with Sodge sureing up the defence, dropping Clarke. Don't really expect any of this to happen as Tilson just don't work like that, shame as Paynter and Clarke will cost us!

Didnt go to todays game, but against Northampton reserves sodges heading was awesome. Didnt realise how much he actually attacks the ball

If Sodje was starting from Crystal Palace game to Cardiff, we would have lost just 2 game & only let in just 3 or 4 goals.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Sep. 26 2006,17:10)]If Sodje was starting from Crystal Palace game to Cardiff, we would have lost just 2 game & only let in just 3 or 4 goals.
Agree Mouse, bet he don't start though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Sep. 26 2006,17:10)]If Sodje was starting from Crystal Palace game to Cardiff, we would have lost just 2 game & only let in just 3 or 4 goals.
You can't say that for sure, nothing is definate in football.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hazey SUFC @ Sep. 26 2006,17:16)]
[b said:
You can't say that for sure, nothing is definate in football.
Pretty definate that Sodge would have cnnected with about 20 more headers than Clarke has!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Sep. 26 2006,16:45)]Collis 6 not much to do, one good palm away, not sure he wants the crosses either.
Che 5 first half distribution awful, come in your time is up.
No.2  3  don't know his name, don't wanna know his name, awful.
Sodje 7 That's how you head a ball Peter Clarke, must start saturday.
Prior 6 done ok, bit all at sea couple of times second half.
Gutts 6 again done ok but you would never think he wanted his place back, one good ball through to Smithy but generally no impact, shame because as bad as he has been playing overall he is a better midfielder than Hunt.
Jay Smith 7 Not involved much 1st half but hit the bar and a couple of great through balls 2nd half. Freddy and Hoops would gobble these up but unfortunately our negative manager prefers to go sideways
Coloured fella and young blondie 5 each, not what we are looking for.
Ricketts 6 definately more use to us than painter as at least he is tall, slipped in Hooper and got something about him. Not sure we will ever find out though as he ambles about like a giant tree and his fitness makes Mitch Cole look like a marathon runner.
Hoops 9 two goals, great movement, great touch, coulb be better than Freddy as he is such a natural goalscorer. If Tilson tries to justify Paynter and decorator again this weekend then quiet honestly his reputation is more important to him than points.
Pretty much agree with all the marks (still think you mark Jay Smith slightly higher than it should be though!) and your Hoops observations are pretty spot on - pretty much a poacher type goalscorer and offers far more than Paynter as an attacking option.

[b said:
In the words of David Brent, if my auntie had b******s she'd by my uncle.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]nothing is definate in football
althought the one thing that is definate is that definite is definitely spelt definite and not definate.

Lumbers round like a giant tree? My recollection of Rickets from his Bolton and England days was that he was a very pacey striker. Presumably not the case these days then?

I'm glad Hooper does his talking on the pitch as I've just listened to his BluesWorld interview and, um, he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the box, bless him.
biggrin.gif
It could just be shyness, though, so I'll let him off. What a fantastic prospect he looks, though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Sep. 26 2006,17:04)]Didnt go to todays game, but against Northampton reserves sodges heading was awesome. Didnt realise how much he actually attacks the ball
Looked rusty Vs Brigthton in the Cup, won a lot in the air, but his distribution was poor and it was his man that scored the 3rd goal. Will eventually earn a starting line up position but not just yet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (StreakyShrimper @ Sep. 26 2006,18:40)]Was Che that bad? Well still got to be a better option than Hammel!!

BRING BACK CHE
rock.gif

[b said:
If you know that Murkey perhaps you will tell me the lottery numbers for tomorrow night.

Back