• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will PB escape the Ronald axe

• No i think he will turn things around.

Votes: 118 73.8%
  • Yes if we dont improve in the next few games

Votes: 42 26.3%

• Total voters
Ron isn't a sacking Chairman and for that reason I think he will stick with Brown, despite all the disappointing results.Have a feeling Brown will walk at the end of the season if we don't make it or as soon asit obvious that we can't.

Sooner or later someone will give Alan Devonshire a break, why shouldn't that be us ?

Ron isn't a sacking Chairman and for that reason I think he will stick with Brown, despite all the disappointing results.Have a feeling Brown will walk at the end of the season if we don't make it or as soon asit obvious that we can't.

Sooner or later someone will give Alan Devonshire a break, why shouldn't that be us ?

This is IMO spot on,

Devo is an astute manager who can pluck unknown players into decent performers,Phil IMO wants to be a media person and I cannot blame him as he will earn far more cash than here without the hassle.

Charles Darwin once wrote, "savages weep copiously from very slight causes. Englishman rarely cry, except under the pressure of the acutest grief."

sitting in the play offs after three quarters of the season does not constitute the "acutest grief." I suggest, therefore, that many here lack the fortitude of the Stoic English.

To my mind Brown has done a good job under trying circumstances (losing three of our better players in the summer and an embargo for more than half the season). I hope he gets the opportunity to see it through, be it this year or next.

Big concern to RM would be the relationship and scope that PB has with the media.

If sacked then I am sure that PB won't be backwoods in coming forward with his thoughts and that could be very embarrassing for RM!

Spot on. The Interference etc.

Ron said last season that Phil Brown was bought in last season so that the team (would hit the ground running ) this season , so why wont Ron bring someone in before the end of the season again .

As per the above answer in the post above

Not a sacking chairman , really ???? Newman, Coach Robson, Wignall and Tilson And Brush, Brush before Tilson it has to be said.

Sorry but throw Alan Little and Paul Sturrock into that mix as well. Plus the stitch-up of John Main. Not a sacking Chairman ?? No Not really. Fair to say your summising is flawed:winking:

Some of you people need to find some resilience,PB will be here next season ans so he should be,hes done a fine job upto now,he cannot be blamed for injuries to all our centre backs,and has done his best to cover them only for the loanees to also get injured,the wet playing surfaces also havent helped his style of play,and that is if im to believe you people a darn site better to watch than the hoof ball ,you had to put up with in previous seasons.i predicted preseason an 11th place finish this year and promotion next season.I for one will be most happy with that.PB is the man for the job and so what if he also does media work, reckon that would be good for SUFC also.

Until I hear PB state publicly that Eastwood and Barnard were 100% his signings I have to assume we have someone undermining him and interfering. Hope i'm wrong but I think he's keeping his mouth shut, picking up his pay cheque until the end of the season then will be off.

im a fan of pb and would like to see him stay at this club we are playing some really good football yes we are in a rut
but its been a good season id give him next season

Hope he doesn't or we will have to read a whole load of gobbledegook of why he was right to sack him just like he did with PS

You can never underestimate the actions of a desperate man. Ron is desperate as we all are to get out of League 2.

About this time last year Ron was already on the blower to Phil and brought him in to try and win us the JPT and secure a Play-Off spot. Obviously that plan failed miserably.

I'm sure the thought has crossed Ron's mind, but mainly for financial reasons I cannot see him sacking Brown before May.

As we saw last season, a change of manager at this stage of the season doesn't mean a change of fortunes. So probably best to just stick with it and hope Brown can turn things around very quickly. If he doesn't, then I would not be surprised if Phil walks or is pushed.

If someone had offered us our current position at the start of the season we all would have bitten their hands off. I like Brown and hope he'll stay, yes we've had some bad results of late but you can't just sack any manager going through a rough spell, Sturrock had his fair share of end of season collapses before he got sacked, so I don't see why PB would be any different. Our current squad is not good enough to get promotion, there is nowhere near enough quality in depth, we can put together a decent first XI but one or two injuries and we're not good enough, as we've seen through the absence of Prosser. PB has brought in some quality centre back's in reserve and I don't think anyone can blame him giving the shocking luck that we have had with injuries as of late. The team spirit in the squad seems to be the best it's been in years, and to disrupt that for the sake of a bad run when it's unlikely a new manager would be able to recover it this season just seems pointless, if PB wants to stay around (and who could blame him if he didn't) then I think he needs another season, if RM let's him get rid of Freddy and Barnard and bring in some talented strikers and add a bit more depth and quality at the back then I don't see why we couldn't do well under him next season. I think people saying he doesn't have enough knowledge of this level are harsh, he's got us playing good football and when you look at some of the signings he's made it's hard to complain too much, yes the likes of Cowan and Reid were poor, but he's transformed Straker and Leonard, brought in Coker, Atkinson, White who have immediately become key players, and used his links to bring some good players in on loan, Kiernan may even have been up there with some of the best loanees of recent years. RM can't get rid at the first sign of struggling, it was what most of us expected to see in August, PB's done well to delay it until now.

Sorry but throw Alan Little and Paul Sturrock into that mix as well. Plus the stitch-up of John Main. Not a sacking Chairman ?? No Not really. Fair to say your summising is flawed:winking:

Not a sacking chairman , really ???? Newman, Coach Robson, Wignall and Tilson And Brush, Brush before Tilson it has to be said.

It's the industry (as you'd know, being free of the shackles of only being interested in Southend United that the rest of us are afflicted with). As someone else said, we've had three managers in more than a decade. You can accuse Ron Martin of many things but being trigger-happy with sackings isn't one of them.

It's the industry (as you'd know, being free of the shackles of only being interested in Southend United that the rest of us are afflicted with). As someone else said, we've had three managers in more than a decade. You can accuse Ron Martin of many things but being trigger-happy with sackings isn't one of them.

Whatever you say then

I f you really believe what you say in brackets, Then your a bit of a postman pat TBH

Were they Axed officially??As they were I correctly answered the comment wich found inaccurate. Was Little stitched up to make way for another romantic homecoming in Webb??. Wether Ron wanted to wield the axe is irrelevant. Were they axed ? Yes. As for implying I've no interest in blues, Do find about my contacts and obviously ignorant to my knowledge of the Game and Club. When you do you'll look a little churlish.

Back