• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will Sawyer ever play for the 1st team again

• Total voters

Strykr

Manager
As the title suggests, will he get the chance again?

Seems Sturrock isnt a fan, or at least not a fan of Sawyers ability to learn/tow the line.
I think he's got a lot of potential myself, and at the very least I think he should be an impact sub to change the game. If PS wont ever play him, why didnt we offload in Jan?

What do you think?

Just checked. Tilson brought in Sawyer twice and came back a third time under Sturrock.

I think you could add Corr and Sturrock Jr to the list of players who may have played their last games for us.

Isn't he injured at the moment? Seem to remember PS saying that Sawyer doesn't listen or something along those lines, possibly not pulling his weight in training?

Don't think Sawyer is quite the finished package people think he is, he can't shoot for one thing and I'm not sure I've ever seen him head the ball well, a must for our 'direct football.' He does have a lot of energy when he plays though, and offers something different for the team, it's just if he can fit into the team, Sturrock seems to like his centre midfielders to come back to defend, I have no idea how Sawyer fares in that department.

Blair has a slight Calf injury at the moment. Also obviously Corr hasn't been ignored he's been badly injured long term. Otherwise I'm sure he'd have continued to be a Luggy Favourite.

There are players who have been injured and players who have failed to impress over the course of the season and time will tell whether they will get the chance before the season is out.

It would be unfair to let corr go, a great first season and unfortunately been plagued by injury this. Hopefully he can get fit over pre season.

Sawyer really like him he possesses that attacking threat we miss big in the midfield at times and had he not of got injured he would of took the chance he had Im sure of that

Blair again injured at the moment alot of competition for places but do i see us getting rid maybe only on loan

Blair has a slight Calf injury at the moment. Also obviously Corr hasn't been ignored he's been badly injured long term. Otherwise I'm sure he'd have continued to be a Luggy Favourite.

And continued to be our best, and most important, player.

Yes, under PS though must learn to find the forward pass earlier, rather than run across the pitch with the ball and end up with an unproductive pass. Would be good back up for Timlin.

I dont think he was implying it was due to anything other than injury. Id be surprised if we kept him after this summer. He came with the injury prone tag and has shown that to be the case. Shame but we did get one good season from him.

agreed jam. in fact possibly not so much us releasing Corr but him deciding to retire.

Yes, under PS though must learn to find the forward pass earlier, rather than run across the pitch with the ball and end up with an unproductive pass.

This. And ONLY this. From Paul Sturrock's mouth.

If Sawyer can listen and learn, then he'll be part of this club's future. If not, then it's an absolute guarantee that he won't.

agreed jam. in fact possibly not so much us releasing Corr but him deciding to retire.
No need to release, he's one of those with a contract that expires this summer. I feel gutted for him, and would have loved for him to reproduce last season's form but I just don't think he's ever going to be able to do so again.

Who? ..........................
Do you mean my comment Scott? I was referring to Big Bad Bazza as quoted in my response. Although come to that, I think Sawyer may be out of contract this summer too... *hurries away to check contracts thread*

Do you mean my comment Scott? I was referring to Big Bad Bazza as quoted in my response. Although come to that, I think Sawyer may be out of contract this summer too... *hurries away to check contracts thread*

No, I meant Sawyer.

Completely forgot he was even here.

Lol, well both are out of contract this summer although we have a year option on Sawyer. Somehow doubt either will be extended. Sawyer's inability to stay fit at times when he could have pressed for inclusion has been disappointing to say the least.

Back