• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will somebody come in for Barnard before Christmas?

his injury record isn't too bad - no major knee or ankle ops - nothing this year - if we let him go what does it say about our chairmans ambition ?

That's what used to be so annoying with his injuries, it was always silly little knocks that he could never seem to just run off.

Goal scorers are gold dust, if his contract up next summer lets get a fee for him before he leaves on a free. If he finishes anywhere near top goalscorer in div 1 someone will be in for him, and we will get nought.

I'm just musing - if we got, say, £500,000 for Barny and got Dervitte for £200,000 and a decent left winger for £150,000 wouldn't that be good overall?

I remember all the Barney knockers last season....glad he has proven a few people wrong.

Personally, I always maintained that a fit Barney would bag 20-22 in a season. Good on him, fingers crossed he stays on track.

I cant see many bids due to the fact of his injury record.....get him signed on though T&B pleeeeeease.

More exciting news is the possibility of a returning Dorian

I'm just musing - if we got, say, £500,000 for Barny and got Dervitte for £200,000 and a decent left winger for £150,000 wouldn't that be good overall?
Yes, as long as 500,000 didnt disapear into Uncle Rons big black hole, where i think it would finish up, and then instead of where has the Eastwood money gone, it will i wonder what happend to the Barny money.

As easy as that sounds, that will never happen. It'd likely go towards the stadium into the "warchest" never to be seen. Would rather keep Barnard as well.

What exactly did happen to the Fred and Bailey cash?

Well £1 million of the Fred cash paid Peter clarkes wages whilst he was here ! The other half mill was spent on Revell, Walker, etc etc
As for the £350k we got for Bailey, well i think that it probably went on the day to day running of the club, it might have even been used to pay Dorian Dervitte's wages last year ?? Clutching at straws i know but then more likely than the conspiracy theorists ideas......

Well based on the price of a goalscorer i wouldnt let him go at all, but definitely not for less than £500k. Without his goals we'd be in the bottom three and if he leaves in January we'd be stuffed...

But would Barnard sign it?

I've had this argument several times with my dad over the last few months and I honestly think the answer is no. Why would he? He's in no hurry with the form he's in at the moment and he might as well wait around to see if he gets a better offer. Strikers like him are like gold dust and he (and his agent!) knows that we are not likely to be able to afford to bring in someone of his quality and in his form.

I'm not for a minute suggesting that Barney is money grabbing or anything like that but I just think it makes sound financial sense from his point of view to wait and see what happens.

Back