• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IloveShrimp

Director⭐
After listening to the after match interview with BBC Essex I wonder if Steve Tilson is contemplating leaving.

His remarks about needing the chairmans support in signing more players (3 or 4 I think he said) whilst also saying that he is a very ambitious person, indicated (to me anyway) a vieled threat ultimatum of leaving should new players not be forthcoming.

Ron Martins early response on the radio (is he worried Tilson will leave?)was to say that he had some players lined up to join...with several offers on the table. But where are they??

I think that Tilly is getting very frustrated at the mo and should any decent offer come in for him he would be off!

Wouldn't blame him really. :mad:

didn't hear what tilly said but i thought ron was firmly behind him. got that impression when he came on the pitch the other week. he mentioned also that there would be plenty of movement in this transfer window. yet to be seen and we couldnt need it anymore right now.

If it's a question of whether he wants to leave, I really hope not.
If it's a question of whether he should be sacked..no way! Tilson should be our manager until he takes us back to where he brought us from, the bottom of league 2.

It's all fun and games during these transfer windows,EVERY manager is under pressure to sign a Ronaldo.

Nothing wrong with our manager leaning into the Chairman a little!!

At least it shows he is trying it on!

Will be a sad day when this management leave.

I think he won't go. he knows the reality of the job - build a good team who play good attacking football on a limited budget. He knows some of the fans are complete idiots when it comes to football - he's played for us long enough. It'll be water off a duck's back.
And above all he's a realist.

All managers have difficulties signing players at this time of year. Some don't even bother. I see at the bargain bucket time. Players the clubs want to get rid off but because of this few that are worth signing.
This is what Keegan and Mort were saying in relation to Newcastle. It's all the same whatever level.

Keegan said: "We are a club who can get big players if they are the right players.
"Realistically, with two weeks left of the transfer window, not a lot of players move and the players that do move don't tend to be successful.
"We will bring in two or three, but only if they improve what we have got."
Mort added: "January is a difficult time to buy because any player of the requisite quality is obviously very difficult to attain, but we're looking."

Well, he will be staying another week, i know this, cos, the amount of shopping he put in his trolley at Sainsburys at Rayleigh the other day, does not suggest to me a man who is gonna move until he eats it all. :p

TILLY IS GOD AND BUYS FREE RANGE!!

Well, he will be staying another week, i know this, cos, the amount of shopping he put in his trolley at Sainsburys at Rayleigh the other day, does not suggest to me a man who is gonna move until he eats it all. :p

TILLY IS GOD AND BUYS FREE RANGE!!

Uncle Ron shops at Rayleigh Sainsburys too!

Uncle Ron shops at Rayleigh Sainsburys too!

Ah, but does he buy free range eggs?

And do his family demand blood if he doesn't put eggs in the fridge by the time they come down for breakfast?

Do they positively cry out for goose eggs for less than a pound, free range organic columbian blacktail eggs for less than the cost of a mars bar?

Do they swear at him and tell him that they're not bothered whether or not the eggs he thought he'd bought subsequently failed a 'fit for consumption test', just so long as they're there?

Or does he just end up with egg on his face for trying to satisfy their ridiculously unrealistic cravings?

And do his family demand blood if he doesn't put eggs in the fridge by the time they come down for breakfast?

Do they positively cry out for goose eggs for less than a pound, free range organic columbian blacktail eggs for less than the cost of a mars bar?

Do they swear at him and tell him that they're not bothered whether or not the eggs he thought he'd bought subsequently failed a 'fit for consumption test', just so long as they're there?

Or does he just end up with egg on his face for trying to satisfy their ridiculously unrealistic cravings?

Of albumen who post on here your supply the best yolks :p ;) and you don't have to shell out a fortune for them on SZ.

Dont be silly, they have cornflakes:p

There seems to me, to be a lot of scrambled thinking on here lately.

One of the best things about SZ is that it allows free range thinking. Unfortunately though, some of our hard boiled posters have been very quiche to lay into the powers that be who are clearly trying to do the best they can to make things happen. Quite frankly, Omelette'll tired of it. They really should get ova themselves. Dozen anyone else wish that they'd stop egging everyone on?

Now come on T&B, bring in that goal poacher that we need!

Back