• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drop them all !
Unproffesional, with serious dips in form all of them. Don't get me wrong, i've enjoyed their time here, but right now it's all about the team fighting harder, grinding out results, quite frankly we've been terrible and let slip a brilliant position.

Bring in the others and bench Hall, Dicko, Kane and Moshni. It's why we have a big squad. Sawyer teaming up with Grant in the middle would see the return of decent football and opening teams up.

Of course we can win the league by 6 points...and we should be easily on course to do so, but these four players keep letting the side down. Time to use the squad.

And don't rehash what i write.

you been sniffing the glue again

He was cleverly (rolls eyes face) quoting what i boldly suggested a little while ago. It's me who sniffs the glue. Still, bollocks to it, if these four naughty boys had put a proper shift in for Southend we'd be sitting pretty as we were back then.

He was cleverly (rolls eyes face) quoting what i boldly suggested a little while ago. It's me who sniffs the glue. Still, bollocks to it, if these four naughty boys had put a proper shift in for Southend we'd be sitting pretty as we were back then.

Gotta agree Sean, and i meant no offence earlier just teasing you a little .. my thoughts being gallows humour is better than none

Please explain what you mean then.

More and more CP is relying on twitter and social media to beef up his stories, it is clear that he doesn't have any weight at the club, other than superficial interviews. His stories are less about SUFC, and more about fans views and reaction to what's happening at SUFC - whether it's on the pitch or off the pitch. It's not CP's fault, it's typical of most cut-n-paste journalism... last time I was in Southend I read a copy of the Echo, it's like a greetings card it's so thin. Go on the website and it's a horror show of noises, automatic videos and adverts... normal media is dying on its arse, and instead independent places like this website and the hundreds of fantastic football blogs are stepping up.

</rant>

Gotta agree Sean, and i meant no offence earlier just teasing you a little .. my thoughts being gallows humour is better than none

No offence taken blood, it's always an emotive conversation when i want to talk about SUFC (bloody team drive me up the wall).

Still. I do fancy the Wembley play-off final, that would be the bollox. But will Sturrock have the front to bring in new faces and freshen it up? Will we ever score a goal ever again? Will we start those winning ways with Blair Sturrock upfront again, like it was in 2011?

Crikey.

I think part of the problem he stated the other day was he had 4 pages to fill with features from a poor match. That can't be easy.
The one thing in his favour ( especially over the Zone ) is that he has access to everyone. Anyone got a spare press pass ?

I like to win and to be honest as we are now not going to win the league a play off final feels more like winning something than 2nd or 3rd. Its the big occasion - the play off final at Cardiff had more of an impact with me than getting promotion at Swansea, seemed like a bigger finish. Winning the league obviously trumped them both. If we got to Wembley and won promotion that way it would still class as a great season. That feels a long way off but it may not be....

I like to win and to be honest as we are now not going to win the league a play off final feels more like winning something than 2nd or 3rd. Its the big occasion - the play off final at Cardiff had more of an impact with me than getting promotion at Swansea, seemed like a bigger finish. Winning the league obviously trumped them both. If we got to Wembley and won promotion that way it would still class as a great season. That feels a long way off but it may not be....

The biggest problem about Wembley would be getting there .. we'd go into the play offs out of form (in all likelihood) .. and so unlikely to prevail you'd think ... that said we went into the Northampton games with 1W 1D 4L behind us and the Doncaster ones with 11W 6D 2L

Too_confusing-to_comprehend.com right now

night all

x x

The biggest problem about Wembley would be getting there .. we'd go into the play offs out of form (in all likelihood) .. and so unlikely to prevail you'd think ... that said we went into the Northampton games with 1W 1D 4L behind us and the Doncaster ones with 11W 6D 2L

Too_confusing-to_comprehend.com right now

night all

x x

Was having a discussion about this the other day, I'd like to look into the stats a bit more to see if momentum into the playoffs counts for much (at least, above normal momentum in the regular league).

shame i'm so bloody busy at the moment.

I know the general opinion seemed to be that if we didn't get automatic then we wouldn't go up but I see play offs as a lottery and luck can be all that's needed. We know what its like to win the big occasion and to lose......I'd still want to be there.

I hope the club drop the lot of them. Lack of discipline at anytime is bad enough but the night before the game that followed tha Aldershot game??

Shows a total lack of commitment and respect to the club and more importantly the fans. Rather hoped the players would be soul searching after tuesday. Obviously not.

Back