• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will, Why & Is

GregStarz

Manager
1) Will Ronaldo get booed everytime he touches the ball?

2) Why dont we get a chant like "Steve Tilsons, blue army (clap clap cla clap) circulating the ground non stop like pompy do?

3) Is Fergie the most succesful manager to ever grave Roots Hall?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Nov. 07 2006,14:38)]1) Will Ronaldo get booed everytime he touches the ball?

2) Why dont we get a chant like "Steve Tilsons, blue army (clap clap cla clap) circulating the ground non stop like pompy do?

1. Yes, we'll have nothing better to do during the half time warm-ups.
2. Tilly is going to Pompey?
3. No.

1) I hope so, don't let me down people
2) Because a good proportion of people there tonight wouldn't know how to sing a football song if their life depended on it
3) Nah, not when you think about our alumni: - Wignall, Whelan, Little, Newman & Bate
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Nov. 07 2006,14:38)]1) Will Ronaldo get booed everytime he touches the ball?

A not uncommon underwhelming response from the SZ membership
Oo.gif

Surely we can do better:

1 Darn right, poncey portu-git

2 If you can get it started, then yeah. Only thing is I reckon 'Stevie Tilson's Barmy Army' is more likely

3 I'd say so, yes. Who's done better, cousin weir? Did Bob Paisley bring Liverpool down in '79? If so, he was the most successful...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Nov. 07 2006,14:38)]3) Is Fergie the most succesful manager to ever grave Roots Hall?
ghostface.gif

I just hope that it isn't us who are dead and buried...

down.gif

I have a question, if you added up the combined annual wages of all the players on the pitch would it equally the combined wages of everyone in the crowd???

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ulysses @ Nov. 07 2006,14:48)]I have a question, if you added up the combined annual wages of all the players on the pitch would it equally the combined wages of everyone in the crowd???
The players' wages would comfortably exceed the crowd's, I should think

ghostface.gif

Depends whether there's lots of footy managers in the crowd scouting Freddy and Peter Clarke...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Nov. 07 2006,14:38)]2) Why dont we get a chant like "Steve Tilsons, blue army (clap clap cla clap) circulating the ground non stop like pompy do?
Never heard Pompey sing that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 07 2006,14:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ulysses @ Nov. 07 2006,14:48)]I have a question, if you added up the combined annual wages of all the players on the pitch would it equally the combined wages of everyone in the crowd???

ghostface.gif

Depends whether there's lots of footy managers in the crowd scouting Freddy and Peter Clarke...
Interesting question.

12,000 * £28,000 = £336,000,000 (number in crowd times average wage in UK)- I think 12,000 is a safe assumption for there to be average salary!

Man U wages - £83,000,000 a year in total - divided by the number of squad players, let's say 30, and times 11, gives us £30.4m a year for the 11 on the pitch

Southend wages - a lot less.

So, no the players wages won't exceed the crowds!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Nov. 07 2006,15:38)]2) Why dont we get a chant like "Steve Tilsons, blue army (clap clap cla clap) circulating the ground non stop like pompy do?
Because that is incredibly difficult to sing?!

What about "Stevie Tilson's Barmy Army"? It bounces far better ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 07 2006,15:00)]
[b said:
[b said:

ghostface.gif

Interesting question.

12,000 * £28,000 = £336,000,000 (number in crowd times average wage in UK)- I think 12,000 is a safe assumption for there to be average salary!

Man U wages - £83,000,000 a year in total - divided by the number of squad players, let's say 30, and times 11, gives us £30.4m a year for the 11 on the pitch

Just one thing to put in the pot there Napster - not all the 12,000 crowd will be earners; there will be plenty of kids, pensioners, housewives/husbands, students and unemployed people there...

I'd say about half will be earners? Maybe less?

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

ghostface.gif

Interesting question.

What about Debt?
rock.gif

The average man/woman is in about £75k debt (mostly mortgage)

Have you calculated this??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 07 2006,15:03)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

ghostface.gif

Interesting question.

Just one thing to put in the pot there Napster - not all the 12,000 crowd will be earners; there will be plenty of kids, pensioners, housewives/husbands, students and unemployed people there...

and Northern people

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 07 2006,15:03)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

ghostface.gif

Interesting question.

Ok, from a purely statistical p.o.v

employment rate is 74.6% (source - National Office of Statistics), and of this, £28,000 is the average wage.

So, 336m * 0.746 = £250.66m.

Still far and above the players' wages!

Please don't boo/jeer Ronaldo.

I hate the slimeball as much as the next man but he always raises his game when jeered and we really don't need an on-song Ronaldo

Bob Paisley managed Liverpool FC when they visited Roots Hall in 1979; in his time at Liverpool (1974-1983) he had guided his team to six Football League Championship titles, three League Cup titles, five Charity Shield titles, three European Cup titles, one UEFA Cup title and one UEFA Super Cup title. That makes 19 major honours.

Sir Alex Ferguson has won eight FA Premiership titles, three Scottish League titles, five FA Cup titles, four Scottish Cup titles, two League Cup titles, one Scottish League Cup title,  five Charity Shield titles (with one shared - 1990), one Champions League title, two European Cup-Winners Cup titles and two UEFA Super Cup titles. That's 33½ major honours.

The winner: Sir Alex Ferguson - by a long way.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 07 2006,15:14)]Bob Paisley managed Liverpool FC when they visited Roots Hall in 1979; in his time at Liverpool (1974-1983) he had guided his team to six Football League Championship titles, three League Cup titles, five Charity Shield titles, three European Cup titles, one UEFA Cup title and one UEFA Super Cup title. That makes 19 major honours.

Sir Alex Ferguson has won eight FA Premiership titles, three Scottish League titles, five FA Cup titles, four Scottish Cup titles, two League Cup titles, one Scottish League Cup title,  five Charity Shield titles (with one shared - 1990), one Champions League title, two European Cup-Winners Cup titles and two UEFA Super Cup titles. That's 33½ major honours.

Ah but which one was a man of the people and which was a total self-important whisky swilling tool?

[b said:

1) Probably, but I do wish people would get over it. Mich of the ire directed towards him is due to the Rooney incident in the World Cup. It wasn't Ronaldo's fault Rooney stepped on Carvalho's gonads.

2) I think XS has covered this one.

3) It would have to be Bob Paisley surely?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 07 2006,15:14)]Bob Paisley managed Liverpool FC when they visited Roots Hall in 1979; in his time at Liverpool (1974-1983) he had guided his team to six Football League Championship titles, three League Cup titles, five Charity Shield titles, three European Cup titles, one UEFA Cup title and one UEFA Super Cup title. That makes 19 major honours.

I think 3 European Cups tops anything that SAF has done. Anyway, it's not quantity, it's quality, and Bob Paisley was and SAF isn't.

Back