• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will you attend the first two home games?

Are you attending?

• Yes, I'm going regardless.

• No, not until Ron has completely gone.

• Not sure, need more info from club on sale process.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Time for a fresh one of these, to see what the mood is right now.

Given the adjournment until 23rd August and assuming we are still around by then, will you be attending Oldham & Hartlepool at home?

Will you go regardless?

Will you be staying away until Ron sells his majority shareholding?

Not sure and need more info from the club, before making a decision?

Feel a bit stupid for it but already purchased a season ticket. So even if I don’t go that won’t mean much considering I’ve already handed over the money
All you can do is vote with your feet, if you are not happy. Never feel stupid. We have all been mugged off, every single one of us.

100% going - this is my/our club and all I want to do support the team I have supported for over 45 years. Everyone has the right to protest and I respect that but please do that before/after the game. Our team have had enough to deal with and we should be looking to fill the place to capacity and get the stadium roaring - not turning it into a library by not attending.

I've not renewed my season ticket yet and don't now see that happening for the time being. But yes, in the unlikely event that we field a team on 5th August I'll probably be there.

No disrespect to those who decide otherwise.

It's so tough this one - I try to go to every first home game of the season, plus I now have my 14 year old son who is becoming a proper little Shrimper.
BUT I'm totally against RM and lining his pocket.
So I've gone for option 3

Time for a fresh one of these, to see what the mood is right now.

Given the adjournment until 23rd August and assuming we are still around by then, will you be attending Oldham & Hartlepool at home?

Will you go regardless?

Will you be staying away until Ron sells his majority shareholding?

Not sure and need more info from the club, before making a decision?
When are they? I haven't even put the fixtures in my calendar.

I understand those who already have tickets deciding to go, but really don’t understand the mentality of people buying in to watch Ron’s SUFC and continuing to allow him to play his games.

Enough is enough. I won’t be going to the Hall until he is gone.

If this weekends friendly doesn’t go ahead, I really can’t see how we realistically in the eyes of the NL be in a position to even put a side out on 5th. However, if we do I will still go.

I understand those who already have tickets deciding to go, but really don’t understand the mentality of people buying in to watch Ron’s SUFC and continuing to allow him to play his games.

Enough is enough. I won’t be going to the Hall until he is gone.
You don't understand why people want to watch their football team?

You don't understand why people want to watch their football team?
Not really, no. I would have thought supporting the club would be priority over watching 90 minutes of football, and to me the best way to support the club is to boycott and strangle Ron out of here.

The more we let him get away with this the more he will.

No judgement on those who choose to go, but the way I see it is that a boycott is our best move.

Not really, no. I would have thought supporting the club would be priority over watching 90 minutes of football, and to me the best way to support the club is to boycott and strangle Ron out of here.

The more we let him get away with this the more he will.

No judgement on those who choose to go, but the way I see it is that a boycott is our best move.
But a lot of people won't see boycotting as a way to support the Club.

Any player and coach who is still at the Club in three weeks deserves a full-house to thank them IMO.

Again, I completely get why many will not want to go and I completely support their choice but that's not personally for me.

Back