• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will you attend the first two home games?

Are you attending?

• Yes, I'm going regardless.

• No, not until Ron has completely gone.

• Not sure, need more info from club on sale process.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I get this viewpoint, but I don't see it that way personally.

The players and staff aren't going to be sat there if the ground is 1/3 full and think "ah Southend fans don't care anymore". If there's an official boycott it'll show we care more about the future of the club than enjoying 90 minutes of entertainment.
Yes fair point, I can see both sides and I'm sure the staff and players know there appreciated, oh and as for 90 minutes entertainment I'm not so sure 😂

If we are playing Oldham then the debts will have been paid including match day staff from last season. All the players will have been paid for July etc.

Highly unlikely the money will have come from Ron. So who will you be hurting...Someone about to become the new owner? Kev and the team?.....Will it make a sale go any quicker?

So if we are playing Oldham and any season card holders are not going. I understand but would you mind lending me your ticket as I haven't renewed as of yet.

Don't want to appear to be ungrateful but don't contact me if you sit in the South Lower, Thanks

Great message to the potential buyer(s). Well if that’s the level of fans’ support why are we bothering?
It’s a message that says only buy the club if you’re going to run it properly and pay staff on time.

The excellent support over the past couple of years is clear for all to see. A justified boycott in light of RM dragging this process out isn’t going to change that.

I will go I am sure. I do have a season ticket, but have not yet had the fabled email confirmation, so maybe I don't.
I have not read all of the updates yet, so sorry if this seems a daft question but are we sure that there will be games to go to?
Also, will we have any players left by then? I wonder how many were waiting to see what happens today to make decisions about the future. With the current general economic uncertainty let alone what is going on at SUFC, people have to do what is best for them and their families.

Has to be done, should have happened a long time ago.
Sorry, but I was under the impression that he was selling the club, rather than seeking an investment partnership. OK, we may not have a club ultimately but either way Ron will be out of it which is what I believe you want. As long as there’s a chance we have a club I’ll shall be going to the match purely to support the team, nothing else.

If we are playing Oldham then the debts will have been paid including match day staff from last season. All the players will have been paid for July etc.

Highly unlikely the money will have come from Ron. So who will you be hurting...Someone about to become the new owner? Kev and the team?.....Will it make a sale go any quicker?

So if we are playing Oldham and any season card holders are not going. I understand but would you mind lending me your ticket as I haven't renewed as of yet.

Don't want to appear to be ungrateful but don't contact me if you sit in the South Lower, Thanks
Fully agreed that Lower south is a bark.

Heart and head in two different corners atm - as I really despise the current weasel at the helm.
but I went for the first option - that’s if we have a team to field and more importantly a stadium to watch it in

Back