• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will you attend the first two home games?

Are you attending?

• Yes, I'm going regardless.

• No, not until Ron has completely gone.

• Not sure, need more info from club on sale process.

Results are only viewable after voting.
If we manage to field a team on 5th, we must turn out in big numbers and especially away at Daggers. FK Ron, we need to get behind those who take the field. The boys have been through enough as it is people.

If we do manage to kick off the season we are still in the ball game.

Upon second thoughts, the only way I reckon we start the new season is if we’ve been sold. So I guess I will be there as long as the club hasn’t gone bust

Upon second thoughts, the only way I reckon we start the new season is if we’ve been sold. So I guess I will be there as long as the club hasn’t gone bust
Unless Ron executes his dastardly masterplan to get one of his cronies onboard as co-investor and still clings on as perpetual landlord of the club...

Unless Ron executes his dastardly masterplan to get one of his cronies onboard as co-investor and still clings on as perpetual landlord of the club...
They'll need deep pockets because under those circumstances I think many will simply not go.

I'm afraid that ship sailed long ago.
You think the man is totally immune to pressure and reality? I’d agree he has a warped perception, but the financial situation and other pressures have forced him to the stage we’re at now, it seems illogical to say more of the same won’t help force him to get the sale over the line.

How fun is to watch a team mixture of B side and under 18, getting smashed 6-0 at home to Oldham. That how it’s is going, the way things stand, plus an team didn’t have no pre season at all.

Think a lot depends on what happens before then so I'll wait and see. Can't see us fielding anything like a competitive team as things stand but the players will need support, it's not their fault. Wonder what Kev's thinking.

Colin
Scott Morris. Lomas. Kensdale. Clifford

Taylor. Miley

Mooney. Husin. Wood

Cardwell

I would love to say i would not go just to get rid of this plague of a chairman. But i no i will go because i couldn't stay away.

It's a long time in terms of football days to make that decision. It depends on the situation. IF we have a team to put out, which means being able to bring players in, then yes although I would expect a defeat going on lack of pre-season, I would be there to support them. If we don't bring players in, I'm certain their won't be a game anyway.

However, if we have any new investors involving Martin in the pipeline, then No. There is potentially so much that can happen in the next 3 weeks.

I live 270 miles away in Devon. But I normally do 2 home games and 2 or 3 away games a season.
But if Martin is anywhere near or involved with the club. I will not support the team on match days.
The blokes a scroat and deeply offends me with his presence.

100% going - this is my/our club and all I want to do support the team I have supported for over 45 years. Everyone has the right to protest and I respect that but please do that before/after the game. Our team have had enough to deal with and we should be looking to fill the place to capacity and get the stadium roaring - not turning it into a library by not attending.
Interesting one this. The majority of our fan base concluded that an empty seat conveyed a message. Thousands of people not being in their seat sent an even clearer one.

So our gates collapsed. Even when we drew Arsenal in the FA Cup the ground was less than half full and Arsenal had the majority of people in the ground. More starkly still, having taken 37,000 to Wembley for our play off win over Cardiff in 2010, we took only 4,000 or so when we beat Exeter ; many of those weren't regulars, of course.

Back