• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you use Pre Pay cards?

Will you use the pre paid cards?

• No, why should I pay up front and not be able to get change.

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • yes, its agood idea and I don't mind paying a fiver for a Twickers.

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
Just another method of getting cash up front. More evidence of the cash flow problems at the club?

But as said before, the Concessions are already franchised !!! The club have had the franchise payment already, any cash pre-paid will go to the catering company not the club !!!

But as said before, the Concessions are already franchised !!! The club have had the franchise payment already, any cash pre-paid will go to the catering company not the club !!!

Most franchises that I know of also have to pay a % of their takings to the franchisor.

Most franchises that I know of also have to pay a % of their takings to the franchisor.

Franchises may have to pay a percentage of profits depending on the agreement, BUT as i recall the last accounts showed that the concessions only made a profit of around £20k so even if we'd negotiated a 10% rake off and the profit margins were still the same then we still would have only made £2k, not exactly a life changing sum....

Just another little niggle to make watching footy a little more difficult. It doesnt have to be like this, but we are being brainwashed into believing it 'will be better'. No commercial exercise is ever carried out if it is not considered 'better' for THEM.

Going to the football used to be spontaneous. Fancy going? Then turn up, pay on the gate and you'd know where to find some friendly faces. Sometimes there would be 10, sometimes 20 or more. Then came ticketing, all seater and many casual fans were put off by the whole buying a ticket and being seated on there own etc.

Now I cant even get up and get a coffee without 'prior arrangement' - crap!

I really feel a dinosaur!

It's an indictment of what this board has descended into when the simple matter of trialling a new scheme has been attacked and labelled as yet another ploy to make money for that Nasty Ron bloke.

It's an indictment of what this board has descended into when the simple matter of trialling a new scheme has been attacked and labelled as yet another ploy to make money for that Nasty Ron bloke.

A modern case of Nero fiddling while Rome burns methinks!

What's the difference to a season ticket? Pay up front on those.
If you buy a season ticket it is cheaper than paying for each home game, with this pre-pay card it is no cheaper, YOU don't save money, you can guarantee though that the club/RM will make money out of it somewhere along the line.

If you buy a season ticket it is cheaper than paying for each home game, with this pre-pay card it is no cheaper, YOU don't save money, you can guarantee though that the club/RM will make money out of it somewhere along the line.

So the queue for a pint moves more quickly due to the cashless process and the club (perhaps) makes a bit more money. Seems ok to me.

I rarely buy anything from the concessions in the West so if I do it's on a whim, and cos I happen to really fancy a cup of bovril or a packet of crisps. I really don't see why I should have to have a prepaid card to simply do this. Think it's a poor idea, and knowing how many old folk use this stand can see no end of problems arising from it (sorry, that's not meant to sound ageist!).

Back