• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Order Wednesday

I can only see positives. Ron has paid some of the money. If he didn't care about the club why bother. If all went down the crapper he must surely be better off. FF would not have to pay out for a stadium and there would be masses more room for extra houses. Ron would be quids in and the council would love it. Despite those that bemoan Ron he is clearly doing all he can to get us to the promised land. He is a developer but at least he is attempting to make his money without totally ending the club.

People talk about how many winding up orders we have endured. Try adding up how much they total and Ron must have paid. That doesn't suggest he is a 'take the money and run' merchant.

When is this wonderful council meeting supposed to be?

I can't see the stadium plans making the October DDC, but I wouldn't be surprised if the November one was the target since the EAS should be complete within the next few weeks.

The point maybe not fully being grasped is that the difference is its not us asking the judge for adjournments its HMRC. They are asking because first they are seeing some payments and intent, secondly because probably they have representations from SBC and our project partners that progress is being made and the development is expected to happen. Under these circumstances HMRC will ask for the case to be adjourned- their goal is to get the money- and a judge will never deny an adjournment requested by HMRC in a case brought by HMRC. Of course all this was agreed prior.

So- nothing has changed...

We need funding that is conditional on planning approval at which point Ron has substantial assets/collateral to restructure the club finances.
HMRC see this progressing based on representations from other parties (they wont just believe Ron)
Payments on account help in showing good faith
Its not if but when, as it always has been.

So focus moves to two things given the 42 days
1. If it is paid in say 21 days before the window closes, and HMRC confirm the debt is settled, can/will EFL then lift the embargo (obviously a critical point for signings)
2. How do we make the most of the squad we have and, rather than roll over saying oh that's it we are down, make sure we aren't. A part of MM's attraction will be his belief that first and foremost you make the most of what you have- I believe he is good enough to keep us up and will do so. Just not with the game plan from Sat- but I suspect needs must and that approach will be discarded for another time.

The point maybe not fully being grasped is that the difference is its not us asking the judge for adjournments its HMRC. They are asking because first they are seeing some payments and intent, secondly because probably they have representations from SBC and our project partners that progress is being made and the development is expected to happen. Under these circumstances HMRC will ask for the case to be adjourned- their goal is to get the money- and a judge will never deny an adjournment requested by HMRC in a case brought by HMRC. Of course all this was agreed prior.

So- nothing has changed...

We need funding that is conditional on planning approval at which point Ron has substantial assets/collateral to restructure the club finances.
HMRC see this progressing based on representations from other parties (they wont just believe Ron)
Payments on account help in showing good faith
Its not if but when, as it always has been.

So focus moves to two things given the 42 days
1. If it is paid in say 21 days before the window closes, and HMRC confirm the debt is settled, can/will EFL then lift the embargo (obviously a critical point for signings)
2. How do we make the most of the squad we have and, rather than roll over saying oh that's it we are down, make sure we aren't. A part of MM's attraction will be his belief that first and foremost you make the most of what you have- I believe he is good enough to keep us up and will do so. Just not with the game plan from Sat- but I suspect needs must that will be discarded for another time.

Point 1.

Even with early payment the embargo won't be lifted until the 28th when the winding up would be formally closed.

I know we need the pennies but does appear we're in safe hands legally.

Following up on that bio and the info and pic I can see why his Lordship is pleased to see Hilary in Court

I can only see positives. Ron has paid some of the money. If he didn't care about the club why bother. If all went down the crapper he must surely be better off. FF would not have to pay out for a stadium and there would be masses more room for extra houses. Ron would be quids in and the council would love it. Despite those that bemoan Ron he is clearly doing all he can to get us to the promised land. He is a developer but at least he is attempting to make his money without totally ending the club.

People talk about how many winding up orders we have endured. Try adding up how much they total and Ron must have paid. That doesn't suggest he is a 'take the money and run' merchant.

Positives lol

Woefully mismanaged on a ridiculous level.

Continually not paid bills or players.
Roots Hall left to rack and ruin
Almost all senior pros culled
A string of over paid and woeful managers
Under embargo for a very long time
No fossetts green light
No means or cash flow to pay next month
More in debt and in a poorer position than when he took over.
Back to back worst seasons In history although we may go one better this year.

Other than that all is well!!!!

That being the case he MUST be open and transparent about his strategy for the next six weeks. Notwithstanding that we are all being put through the mill guessing and speculating what our future holds, RM needs to be reminded that a number of us fans are SHAREHOLDERS in the club (albeit to differing degrees), and it should be a mandatory obligation for him to lay all his cards on the table.

Positives lol

No fossetts green light

I wonder if that clump of poo is still on the floor in the West gents. Been there about 10 years.

Point 1.

Even with early payment the embargo won't be lifted until the 28th when the winding up would be formally closed.
Well I bow to you greater knowledge of how it all works. So you can confirm even if we paid in full 1st Oct and HMRC confirmed the debt had been paid in full the EFL would refuse to lift the embargo?

Well I bow to you greater knowledge of how it all works. So you can confirm even if we paid in full 1st Oct and HMRC confirmed the debt had been paid in full the EFL would refuse to lift the embargo?

That is my understanding from what I've read/heard. But clarity ftom an official source would be nice.

That being the case he MUST be open and transparent about his strategy for the next six weeks. Notwithstanding that we are all being put through the mill guessing and speculating what our future holds, RM needs to be reminded that a number of us fans are SHAREHOLDERS in the club (albeit to differing degrees), and it should be a mandatory obligation for him to lay all his cards on the table.

Ron has never been transparent.

He only pops up when it suits and generally views fans In the way a lion views a fly landing on his face.

Positives lol

No fossetts green light

All the things you list are correct but only serve to show we are one of many struggling clubs. Fortunately our club has some prospects. Travelling a rough road does not equate to guaranteed failure. As long as we arrive, where Ron has tried to take us, I will accept that. Those that want ANother club owner are assuming that will improve things. What does assume do?

I don't think people are concerned that Ron doesn't want to save the club. They are concerned that he can't.

Pro-Ronnies are very quiet....
Probably because there isn't much to say and the Anti-Ronnies are filling the board up. Not sure why you feel the need to badge people Pro-Ronnies anyway, all folk are doing is voicing an opinion, and as you know all reasoned opinions are welcome on ShrimperZone.

Back