• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Order Wednesday

I agree.

I've not been an advocate of protesting but I do now believe that the time has come
Might have to be social media and digital protesting, since I doubt many people would be happy to turn up at the club's gates.

As far as I understand it the transfer window for EFL closes on the later date the 18th October. In my happy fairyland world , Ronaldo pays off the debt before the next hearing and the embargo is lifted. However Rons default position is always to take it to the wire and go to Court,

From what I've been reading it doesn't matter if it's paid early. It doesn't get lifted until the hearing date.

Is £500k compared to £493k the difference between being wound up like Macclesfield or deferred like us. If so, has Martin been very clever in getting below the cutoff point or are we just lucky compared to them?
I wondered the same thing,if it was a total coincidence or we had been very clever.

We may have been able to pay say another £200,000 but we have kept it back. Then worse case in 40 days we pay £200,000 and ask HMRC to give us more time.

it looks better than paying more now and sod all in 42 days even if the totals are the same.

it’s probably a coincidence but who knows?

I agree.

I've not been an advocate of protesting but I do now believe that the time has come

Perhaps you are right. Maybe it is time To mobilise our fan base And be heard. But what would be the objective? Ron to go? Who is going to take his place?
Ron our but seriously then what?

What we need now and I mean today is an explanation from Ron, answers and what the plan is going forward. I won’t be holding my breath.

I wondered the same thing,if it was a total coincidence or we had been very clever.

We may have been able to pay say another £200,000 but we have kept it back. Then worse case in 40 days we pay £200,000 and ask HMRC to give us more time.

it looks better than paying more now and sod all in 42 days even if the totals are the same.

Why keep it back though? You'll just earn interest on a higher amount.

Worth splashing out for that season card now? How much longer can we last? I feel hard done by just by ordering two shirts off the club over a month ago, still haven't received them, the whole club is just a joke the way it is run:Sad:

Think how much those shirts could be worth in years to come though. The last ever kits worn by Southend United Football Club.

If you ever get them, of course

Time to move on possibly and realise that our club is probably wrecked beyond repair under the current ownership. Well i would imagine that at least whoever owns FF and the RH site will profit handsomely.

It's probably coincidence and due to the fact that we have made regular payments, according to BBC Essex.

Why keep it back though? You'll just earn interest on a higher amount.
Because regular payments are always preferred to sporadic, albeit larger ones. Banks and other financial institutions set great store by this as evidencing reliability and good faith. They would all rather do a deal, even if the level of repayment is minimal, than wind things up where everyone loses.

From what we have learned and he has said, I doubt very much that MM will be too upset by this. He has been through it all before over a long spell and come through it very well, Im sure he would have weighed up this option and outcome long ago and not be too phased by it at all. Lets stay strong in the meantime behind MM

Back