• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Order Wednesday

OK, the interest now moves back to domestic issues. Just how much was MM ITK about how this was going to develop. His reaction during this week is going to be interesting, to say the least. The other focal point is the transfer window. I read this.....

"The window for international registrations closes at 11pm on Monday 5 October, with an agreement in place with the Premier League for an extended two-week domestic only window which will close at 5pm on Friday 16 October. "

...........does that mean we have until the 5th or the 16th???? Maybe it could be settled before this date? There again do we have to wait 42 days until the embargo would be lifted? If so we're going to have to wait until January before strengthening the squad...............and that will probably be too late. Even if we could look to sign unregistered players in November (asuuming the debt is cleared) what would be the state of their match fitness??? This looks a bad outcome........not the worst................but very bad never the less.

Who said they had it on good authority it had ALL been paid?
Me. My source was a club employee and it was provided to me in good faith. As it turns out the information was only partly correct and it may well be that my source didn't know that. Just goes to show that you shouldn't risk quoting stuff on here in case it goes tits up!

I don't see Administration as being an option - most of our debt is to Ron's myriad of companies so he'd have to agree to any sale to new owners and the HMRC debt would need to be cleared still anyway. The Club has no assets of its own that an Administrator would be able to realise and selling Kelman etc would likely just cover fees.

So was the part cleared really the reason Humphries was sold....if so shows we are in the last chance saloon.All those repeated assurances of don't worry the debt will be cleared are now showing that we are totally on the edge with the likelihood of us following Bury even closer.Without a couple of seasoned pros in key positions coming in the season is as good as over on the pitch.
Every major date instead of us turning the corner now seems to take us nearer to oblivion.Ron is now making Vic Jobson reign seem like a walk in the park!!

Is £500k compared to £493k the difference between being wound up like Macclesfield or deferred like us. If so, has Martin been very clever in getting below the cutoff point or are we just lucky compared to them?

Well, there we go. At least we're still alive for a bit longer. How does Ron manage to keep us afloat when Macclesfield, in a similar situation, have just sunk....? He must be very persuasive.

Will someone move in for Kelman now, or wait until we are in administration I wonder? Will Ron be able to rustle up some readies from somewhere? Will he discover the war chest or get a chance to shake the government's money tree?

We have an important match against a very poor Carlisle side on Saturday. If MM can get our lads to secure a win there it will provide a large confidence boost for the next couple of matches. Some points on the board would be very useful now.

Is £500k compared to £493k the difference between being wound up like Macclesfield or deferred like us. If so, has Martin been very clever in getting below the cutoff point or are we just lucky compared to them?

Think we did owe well over £600k so looks like Ron has made some kind of payment, probably the Humphrys transfer fee to appease them for now

Impossible to say without more context but for me the key element in buying more time is that we have been making regular payments and have reduced the debt.

But surely the question would be asked "you managed to clear circa £100k by selling a player - who else do you have to sell so I can be confident you will clear the rest in 42 days?"

Answer would be 'nobody'

If anyone thinks Kelman is going to attract anything remotely decent money wise, they you be crazy!

I think we will Defer.

Special case due to Covid-19 so HMRC will allow it.

I also think the EFL will allow us to do that without a points deduction.

It just mean's we will have to play the remainder of the season with the 22 we have plus whoever the 23rd man is (most likely the Tottenham lad)
If this is the case im going to hibernate until April 21

OK, the interest now moves back to domestic issues. Just how much was MM ITK about how this was going to develop. His reaction during this week is going to be interesting, to say the least. The other focal point is the transfer window. I read this.....

"The window for international registrations closes at 11pm on Monday 5 October, with an agreement in place with the Premier League for an extended two-week domestic only window which will close at 5pm on Friday 16 October. "

...........does that mean we have until the 5th or the 16th???? Maybe it could be settled before this date? There again do we have to wait 42 days until the embargo would be lifted? If so we're going to have to wait until January before strengthening the squad...............and that will probably be too late. Even if we could look to sign unregistered players in November (asuuming the debt is cleared) what would be the state of their match fitness??? This looks a bad outcome........not the worst................but very bad never the less.

The window closing on the 5th October is for PL clubs. There's then an extra period of 11 days for FL clubs.

This is like a torture and death by a thousand cuts.
What makes it so much worse is that if FF got the green lights and turbo nitro boosted then the problem disappears and the future is rosy.
Going belly up is bad news for everyone, creditors included.

As far as I understand it the transfer window for EFL closes on the later date the 18th October. In my happy fairyland world , Ronaldo pays off the debt before the next hearing and the embargo is lifted. However Rons default position is always to take it to the wire and go to Court,

But surely the question would be asked "you managed to clear circa £100k by selling a player - who else do you have to sell so I can be confident you will clear the rest in 42 days?"

Answer would be 'nobody'

If anyone thinks Kelman is going to attract anything remotely decent money wise, they you be crazy!

Swansea will probably come back with another offer for Kelman. It was £250k last time.

Likely offer £100k up front. Take it or leave it.

Worth splashing out for that season card now? How much longer can we last? I feel hard done by just by ordering two shirts off the club over a month ago, still haven't received them, the whole club is just a joke the way it is run:Sad:

Back