• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Petitions

From memory we are due in the High Court to answer a Winding Up order from HMRC on 11 March (Wednesday). Apart from that there is no further infomation on here, especially the outcome of the misconduct charge raised against us by the EFL. Trying to piece things together, last week Ron said he was looking to raise funds so I reckon if the Winding Up order gets dismissed then so will wages be paid. Whether that will be enough to raise the embargo is anyone's guess and Ron certainly won't be putting it in the public domain. I have no idea whether the Trust know any more, they may do, but again it won't make public headlines. Frustrating, but it is the way it is. This is off topic here, so maybe we'll move it to the right forum if this issue is discussed further as a result of your post.

I assume that forum is 'finances & future of SUFC?' I just looked and there hasn't been a post since last Thursday...........maybe there's nothing left or useful to say?

I haven't missed something haver I? it's still the 600k due and owed by tomorrow?

Correct.

And unless Ron has sourced another significant amount (assuming he has indeed sourced the £600k+ due tomorrow), I suspect there will be more petitions following next month also.

If he hasn't even sourced the £600k yet (I'm sure he probably has) then further winding up petitions are the least of our worries.

I'm getting slightly concerned that season ticket renewals haven't been announced yet.

This should be one of the biggest sources of income for the club and is basically overdue. No doubt Ron has been busy but I do hope this isn't because of s214 of the Insolvency Act.

I'm getting slightly concerned that season ticket renewals haven't been announced yet.

This should be one of the biggest sources of income for the club and is basically overdue. No doubt Ron has been busy but I do hope this isn't because of s214 of the Insolvency Act.

I would have thought it had more to do with the (more mundane) need to be quite sure of which division we'll actually be playing in first.That should be sorted fairly soon. :Cry:

doesnt s214 only apply once the co has been liquidated?

doesnt s214 only apply once the co has been liquidated?

Yes, in so far as it only kicks in after liquidation but I think it looks back to the time when the person knew or ought to have known there was no reasonable prospect of avoiding it.

Our next visit is tomorrow.

ROLLS BUILDING
COURT 1
Before DEPUTY INSOLVENCY AND COMPANIES COURT JUDGE JONES

Wednesday 11 March 2020
Robed

Not Before 11:30am

144. CR-2020-000661 SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE)

Winding Up Court List

Our next visit is tomorrow.

ROLLS BUILDING
COURT 1
Before DEPUTY INSOLVENCY AND COMPANIES COURT JUDGE JONES

Wednesday 11 March 2020
Robed

Not Before 11:30am

144. CR-2020-000661 SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE)

Winding Up Court List

Anyone got our previous form? We are a bit of a bogey-team for them.

I think its something like P11 W11 D0 L0 but will need to confirm

I've no doubt it will be paid tomorrow, but the question is, what happens after that? Perilous times!

Back