• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Petitions

A judge has adjourned a bid to wind up Southend United after being told that bosses at the struggling League One club hope to be able to clear outstanding tax debts.

More...

****ing hell he's used the stadium to pull the wool over their eyes. We're utterly ****ed.

Adjourned. Christ, that's the closest we've ever come to the end...Ron has 6 weeks or that will be it for sure.

So you're disappointed we didn't get wound up!!!!

No but I was hoping for some tangible proof of funds, not a load of tosh about a new stadium that he's been spinning for 20 years. Honestly, I can't believe they've fallen for it.

No but I was hoping for some tangible proof of funds, not a load of tosh about a new stadium that he's been spinning for 20 years. Honestly, I can't believe they've fallen for it.

They haven't though, they've just given themselves more time

He's walked in there, knowing that the club is going to be wound up if he gets this wrong, and he has requested more time on a premise that he has been spinning for 22 years and not even a five-year-old would believe. Praying that would be enough to convince a judge not to call time on a 114-year-old football club.

That man has a set of bollocks, you can't deny that. How close were we to dying today. Unbelievable.

Just a hunch but I reckon he has also shown some evidence of gathering funds that he doesn't want disclosed to the national press hence the new stadium spin

Ron has said the club is working more than a month behind as well. So this latest winding up petition will be followed very quickly by another and another, unless he injects millions from somewhere into the club within 6 weeks. Or we are dead. Simple.

I can't believe an experienced judge would fall for his usual spiel. As said above, surely proof of funds/investment must of been shown.

****ing hell he's used the stadium to pull the wool over their eyes. We're utterly ****ed.

Not really. He's probably still not completed the deal he's been working on. In a month's time that will be done and dusted and the money paid, hence the adjournment.

Nothing is ever simple with Ron. Things always take longer than expected.

Ron has said the club is working more than a month behind as well. So this latest winding up petition will be followed very quickly by another and another, unless he injects millions from somewhere into the club within 6 weeks. Or we are dead. Simple.

I can't believe an experienced judge would fall for his usual spiel. As said above, surely proof of funds/investment must of been shown.

An experienced judge might have fallen for it. How close was it to lunchtime?

I still hope we have our own “Tony Bloom” moment. Brighton were homeless, in dire financial straits and a local boy done good steps in and buys the club and the rest is history. Come on Alison Moyet - be a bigger legend than you are and buy off this Victorian snake oil salesman

There's no way £668,000 is our monthly tax bill, that's 8 million over the course of the year, there's not enough cash in the club to owe that amount to the taxman

These things are never done and dusted on the day, adjournments are normal so don't be surprised if this drags on 2-3 months.

Back