• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Petitions

Finally someone talking sensibly. Some people are getting over excited on here.

The real question is who is he in talks to sell part of the club to, or part of the development. or both

Who said he is selling the club?

I would think he is raising money against his vast property porfolio and waiting for legals to be completed or for the bank to release the funds.

Who said he is selling the club?

I would think he is raising money against his vast property porfolio and waiting for legals to be completed or for the bank to release the funds.

Well if that is the case then great, but why has this taken so long? We've been under a transfer embargo for months and this HMRC bill didn't build up overnight.

Well if that is the case then great, but why has this taken so long? We've been under a transfer embargo for months and this HMRC bill didn't build up overnight.

that's exactly my line of thought, he has borrowed all that he can so the only thing left is to sell off some of the golden goose / football club. Looking back at the twisted web of the clubs finances there are a lot more people involved than just Ron, he simply doesn't have the type of money that would have allowed us to survive this long with some of the players we have signed.

that's exactly my line of thought, he has borrowed all that he can so the only thing left is to sell off some of the golden goose / football club. Looking back at the twisted web of the clubs finances there are a lot more people involved than just Ron, he simply doesn't have the type of money that would have allowed us to survive this long with some of the players we have signed.

I think you will find one or two of the problems are paying off Bond,Torov,Powell and Waddock which wouldn't have not been expected so soon, and also having to cough up a lot of monies for current team management structure in place, these all reflect a big hole in the cash flow

Now you could argue its Ron's own fault,but then again those who have an agenda against him will find fault in anything and blame players who I imagine when signed SZ posters were great signing,positive news ,we are going up,I got 33/1 for promotion etc.

Be good to find old posts on Mantom etc and how they were received when signed

I think you will find one or two of the problems are paying off Bond,Torov,Powell and Waddock which wouldn't have not been expected so soon, and also having to cough up a lot of monies for current team management structure in place, these all reflect a big hole in the cash flow

Now you could argue its Ron's own fault,but then again those who have an agenda against him will find fault in anything and blame players who I imagine when signed SZ posters were great signing,positive news ,we are going up,I got 33/1 for promotion etc.

Be good to find old posts on Mantom etc and how they were received when signed

Mantom played very well on loan, it was only when the players around him got injured/released/sold that he started to struggle.

Add to that Cox, Kiernan etc

not being awkward but how do you know what he has and hasn’t borrowed?

not being awkward but how do you know what he has and hasn’t borrowed?

I don't, but given the delay in getting payments made recently due to cashflow hints at not being able to or not wanting to get any more credit against the club

I don't, but given the delay in getting payments made recently due to cashflow hints at not being able to or not wanting to get any more credit against the club
or that borrowing money is a reasonably lengthy process, especially when property is being used as security.

Apparently adjourned until July 22 according to a sports journalist (from a non-Southend local paper) on Twitter, but nothing official yet

Back