• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winter Olympics

Is MK off Piste?

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
Do you care? I can honestly say it's passing me by without the faintest of interest. Maybe because we've got a very faint hopes of a medal.

I can't imagine DOING a winter sport, but quite enjoyed Ski Sunday, well...when they crashed.

You?

whats happened to all those team GB ****** fans from 2012? where are you now. scum!
im still cheering on the heels, lets go Russia (clap, clap, clap), lets go China (clap, clap, clap).

Loving it. BBC doing a good job, and hopefully this will increase the awareness of Winter sports in GB, as we are getting quite good at some of them now.

Haven't watched any of it. Not overly that bothered in the slightest, although when I eventually get my arse into gear and start snowboarding I'm sure I will be having an orgasm over the next one.

I'm really enjoying watching all the sports you don't usually see any other time. Was great to see Team GB winning a bronze in the SlopeStyle Snowboarding and fingers crossed, will win some more medals too. The commentary's are good, even the Womens SS Snowboarding one was a bit mental, but great all the same.

Just shows that even though we don't get much snow over here compared to other countries, can still compete with them without being a laughing stock.

I just find it all so very gay.

mens_figure_skating_g1.jpg

Really? I hadn't noticed.

Watching skiers face plant is as interesting as it gets.

Boring as crap and as its not in the UK very few people care.

Quite like the Curling / Biathlon/ Ice Hockey & Skiing & Skating(is it cross ski)when they try & knock each other over - not so keen on most of the rest but watch it a bit.
I told my wife that I wouldn't mind seeing it one day - she said is that when it's held in London.....

Last edited:
When did Curling girls change from middle aged to young girls ? Made me take interest....

.....for about 10 minutes then the sport took over and I fell asleep.

For me, too much of the action in the Winter Olympics is (a) against the clock or (b) based on points awarded by judges. There are fine exceptions to this of course, but take downhill skiing:

Bloke goes fast down a hill.
Next one goes, also looks like he's going fast.
Is 0.05 seconds quicker.
Gosh.
Repeat.

Back