• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Without Freddy...

keefmoon

Coach
...I'm afraid we looked very average today.
I didn't think we'd miss him against such a side as Walsall, but we really did. I'm afraid there was no-one to grab the game by the scruff of the neck like he did last week.
We worked very hard for no reward today, but nobody wins promotion through trying hard.
It's games like today that send teams up in my opinion. We will not need motivating in games like Col U, but today they did, and the creativity was severely lacking.
I am not buying into this whole "we'd have taken this at the beginning of the season" stuff anymore, though it is true.
We have 12 games left and we are in the BEST position for promotion, and I for one will be GUTTED if we only make the play offs.
If we blow it now, we only have ourselves to blame. So let's not hope for another abject display such as today.
I am not having a go at anyone here, just stating fact. I am never one for slagging players to be honest, but they really need our encouragement more than ever so we don't fall over before the finish line, like we threatened to do today.
Rant over...

Freddy who, only kidding we have no idea without him in the team,I would like to see Freddy and Bradbury paired up front together could be a intresting pairing.

without Freddie there wasnt that buzz when he normally he gets the ball or creating something out of nothing. Would like to see Bradbury start along side Freddie at Col.U

agreed - I also think that Freddy would've had that bit of spark that would've got the crowd going.

Bit harsh on Bradbury to make a sudden impact - 3 sub appearences ( 9 mins each ) and 1 full game he obviously isn't going to be match fit. He showed enough to make me think he'll be useful come the run in though.............

i totally agree, eastwood and bradbury could be very interesting. he looked very good and did well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Feb. 25 2006,19:36)]I'm not Gray's biggest fan, but I think we missed him as well.  Too pedestrian in the final third...
Exactly.Although I thought both Goater and Bradbury did OK today, they're both essentially the same player and were never going to get in behind Walsall. We did miss Freddy of course, but Gray would have caused enough problems with his pace and ability to peel off defenders to have made Walsall completely rethink their strategy defensively.

Ultimately, without at least one of Freddy and Wayne, we're a bit too predictable.

Yea I agree totally. It's the same for most teams, you can't have two of the same type of forward playing together, because generally it just doesn't work.

I think Freddy would have had a field day against a very ordinary Walsall side.

We missed Freddy, but I also think once Cole was gone we looked pedestrian going forward - I'd like to see Gray back soon so we can inject some pace into our attack once again.

We did lack pace today upfront to put any pressure on the forwards. Bradbury isn't no walker but he doesn't compare to Gray.

Hopefully it would be Eastwood and Bradbury starting at Col U so it would be good to see how them two compare to Eastwood and Gray

Back