• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Ramsey

Chris Ramsey is a shoe-in but it depends on the age of the readers I guess.

Chris Ramsey without a shadow of a doubt .. An an awful footballer

Chris Ramsey for me as well, but he only started 8 games for us so I don't think he will qualify for the poll unless sub appearances count? Maybe we could make a special exception for him to be included!

Forget all that he played 4 cup games as well so 12 in total, he will be in the poll.

Martyn Booty. To be fair most of the players we had during that period would be bad enough to get into a worst XI

Martyn Booty. To be fair most of the players we had during that period would be bad enough to get into a worst XI

I thought Martin Booty was one of the better players in that team. Gary Poole though was toilet from day 1. Still one of our most expensive signings and I can't ever remember him putting in a decent performance.

Chris Ramsey was simply terrible but to be fair he was way over the hill by the time he joined us. What idiot signed him? Dick Bate who also signed Eric Steele.
However, Ramsey may have been dire but he didn't cost us £400 grand!

That probably makes Poole the worst value for money right back - however, I actually saw him have what I thought were some quite good matches during our fantastic run up to January when we got to 4th and was playing some of the best football I have ever seen us play.

It's harsh to tar him with the same brush as some of the others on here as he was 2 divisions higher for a start.

Got to be Andy Dixon. Played with him for a couple of seasons on a Sunday morning, and he was not much better than anyone else in the Sceptre League division 4 or whatever it was. Did not look like a pro footballer playing with rubbish sunday league players at all.

Got to be Andy Dixon. Played with him for a couple of seasons on a Sunday morning, and he was not much better than anyone else in the Sceptre League division 4 or whatever it was. Did not look like a pro footballer playing with rubbish sunday league players at all.
ha ha yep, he was my football manager at great wakering Southend manor and hullbridge also, always had a good beer after games as well:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back