• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go for Mark Hone or Andy Dixon but Chris Ramsey was (just!) before my time and I'm assured by my old man that he is not only the worst RB but one of the very worst players to have played for Southend United!

Worst value for money RB? Gary Poole. Jeez....£400-frigging-grand! :nope:

Nothing wrong with Mark Hone, a very steady, albeit unspectacular defender. Gary Poole was excellent until Barry Fry jumped ship, then he didn't want to know.

A few distinguished entries for worst RB and it appears Chris Ramsey is favourite. However, I too cannot wait for the LB spot and it just has to be Frank Lampard - by a mile!

Chris Ramsey was simply terrible but to be fair he was way over the hill by the time he joined us. What idiot signed him? Dick Bate who also signed Eric Steele.
However, Ramsey may have been dire but he didn't cost us £400 grand!

Preston at home anyone?

Astonishing that Ramsey had played in the Cup Final not long before.

All goes to prove that we have had some pretty steady right backs over the years.

Sankofa and Beard run him close and, although not the worst, Lewis Hunt's (and particularly Hammel's) inability to master the full back art against decent players were major reasons for our demotion from the Championship.

Ok, this seems to have run out of puff for new names... the actual poll will follow with 14 nominations.

So as to be clear - this type of thread is just for nominations so that I can set up the poll. The voting will take place in the actual poll itself for each position, so please make sure you use the nominations thread for the names and the poll to cast the votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back