• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Worst Loanee ever?

DTS

The Business
After a enjoyable debate with our six fingered friend it got me thinking about the worst player we have ever had on loan.

There are so many candidates but for me its Danny Marney.

Not sure how many of you will remember him as he was a totally forgetable part of an appauling Buzz Lightyear side in about 2003/2004 maybe?

A right winger/striker/donkey on loan from Brighton. He must have made I dont know 15 apperances dont think he scored or even came close to creating anything.

The thing I used to hate about him was he seemed so cocky for someone so ****. He swanned around the pitch like he was Zidane and yet he was a pile of ****.

He did have the last laugh though as his career rose to the dizzy heights of Eastbourne Borough I believe.

Can there be a worse loanee (With possible exception of Scott Malone?)

Dominic Foley, striker brought in from Watford by Buzz Lightyear. Woeful.

Roy O'Donovan was a good player, but wasn't used properly by us. Look at his form at Hartlepool, that tells you he is a decent player.

My First thoughts were Henry and Foley

an then I remembered the Mighty Mickey Welch

4 games on loan from Grays at the end of our Worst season EVER, winning at home (against the bottom club) on the last game meant we avoided re-election on goal diiference after failing to score and losing all of our previous 5 games

James Walker?
Adem Poric, whose 37th birthday it is today?
Mark Beard
Martyn Booty
Ronnie Henry
brett darby

Brett Darby is undoubtedly one of the worst players we've ever had, but was he signed on loan or on a permanent deal?

The likes of Walker, Poric, Beard and Booty appear world-beaters in comparison.

My First thoughts were Henry and Foley

an then I remembered the Mighty Mickey Welch

4 games on loan from Grays at the end of our Worst season EVER, winning at home (against the bottom club) on the last game meant we avoided re-election on goal diiference after failing to score and losing all of our previous 5 games

Our second best player from the Caribbean.

I think Tony Richards scored on his debut. Just because someone scores on their debut doesnt make them a world-beater (unless your name is Freddy or Stanley)

Grated but it dosent make them WORST LOANEE EVER either does it...

he did more with one touch than Marney, Darby, Rio Alderton did....

Back