• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst Manager Ever

Worst Manager Ever?

• Dick Bate

• Ronnie Whelan

• Peter Morris

• Alvin Martin

• Bobby Moore

• Colin Murphy

• Steve Wignall

• Rob Newman

• Chris Powell

• Phil Brown

• Peter Taylor

• Kevin Bond

Results are only viewable after voting.

WESTY_SUFC

I've seen a lot of rubbish in my time but Bond beats them all. I've never seen anything like it. World class awful

I've seen a lot of rubbish in my time but Bond beats them all. I've never seen anything like it. World class awful
What game was u watching? We passed the ball around really well and looks like we will get better sooner rather then later! There was some signs of a good team there

We he subbed off goodship I laughed.

We have been crying out for two wingers and we were 2-0 down. Should have gone two on the centre.

Fwiw I think Alvin was way worse but I could be proved wrong.

What game was u watching? We passed the ball around really well and looks like we will get better sooner rather then later! There was some signs of a good team there

Possibly the side that has yet to score a goal.

Or maybe the side that failed to register a shot on target in 90 minutes.

Maybe the side that's conceeded 9 In 4 games and would be very much bottom if it werent for bury and Bolton being in deep ****.

Other than that we looked good.

At least we scored when Dick was manager - - Stewart Robson was on a par with Dick and Alvin.

The guy is a chump. I heard his pre match interview on BBC Essex. He was asked the line up and started with Bishop, then paused, started to stutter and said 'I should have used first names not surnames. Next is Elvis. The buffoon can't even pronounce the names of his own players

So I listened on BBC Essex and who did Paul Clark liken Bond to, none other than Dick Bate!
This was in regard to it looking like Bond will not change style even though it's really not working. Clark said we don't have the players to play how Bond wants, just as Dick Bate didn't have the players back in the mid 80s and unless some miracle occurs, or Bond changes style they'll only be one outcome.

For me Bond has a way, way, way to go before he comes close to Alvin in the awful stakes. Also Wignall was worse than this.

Mate, we had a grand total of zero shots on target, in 96 minutes of football.

I understand the optimism, but under no circumstances can that ever be classed as signs of a good team

And have zero points and one own goal to our name to show for all this pretty football. I’m so glad we play that way.

We he subbed off goodship I laughed.

We have been crying out for two wingers and we were 2-0 down. Should have gone two on the centre.

Fwiw I think Alvin was way worse but I could be proved wrong.

Goodship was injured recently and was tiring. Keeping him on to get very tired and then injured again would not have been very sensible.

It’s now 4 games without one of our players scoring a goal. It’s no good passing the ball around nicely when there’s no end product.

Goodship was injured recently and was tiring. Keeping him on to get very tired and then injured again would not have been very sensible.

The question is then, why start him out wide, and leave a natural winger on the bench?

These are dark times but it does make me laugh how Dick Bate had suddenly become a key reference point for Blues fans again.

Back