• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst Manager Ever

Worst Manager Ever?

• Dick Bate

• Ronnie Whelan

• Peter Morris

• Alvin Martin

• Bobby Moore

• Colin Murphy

• Steve Wignall

• Rob Newman

• Chris Powell

• Phil Brown

• Peter Taylor

• Kevin Bond

Results are only viewable after voting.
Some people watch only the bad bits in the game. And considering we played the better football for the majority of the game it’s some achievement to be fair.

There was lots of good bits about tonight.

Goodship playing wide is frustrating but coming in from the wing he looked dangerous and another day he would’ve had two.

We played with a plan again.

I get it. But if it doesn’t turn around in 10-15 games he’s gone.

I think it’s good what we’re trying to do. I do question what game people are watching. Crazy how we can all see it so differently.

Nowhere near the worst manager or football we’ve ever played.

Some people watch only the bad bits in the game. And considering we played the better football for the majority of the game it’s some achievement to be fair.

Goodship playing wide is frustrating but coming in from the wing he looked dangerous and another day he would’ve had two.

I think it’s good what we’re trying to do. I do question what game people are watching. Crazy how we can all see it so differently.

Mate, love the enthusiasm, but we’ve had seven shots on target in four league games.

Tonight we had zero. ZERO.

Currently, we’re not just relegation fodder, we’re the whipping boys of the entire EFL

Problem is our plan seems to go as far as playing short to the centre backs. Maybe it's as far as get it to Milligan. From there I didn't see much plan. Knock it long to Cox? Occasionally someone would flick it round the corner and off we'd go with pace but that happened twice, three times max. Then we got it wide and switched it to Goodship to shoot twice. Second half was give it to Elvis and hope.

Mate, love the enthusiasm, but we’ve had seven shots on target in four league games.

Tonight we had zero. ZERO.

Currently, we’re not just relegation fodder, we’re the whipping boys of the entire EFL

We played the better football for almost the entire game. If you want to blame someone for not hitting the target then you surely have got to blame the players who had the shots? Not the manager.

Such basic analysis of what just happened to say the manager is the worst we’ve ever had. Just absolutely ridiculous.

Problem is our plan seems to go as far as playing short to the centre backs. Maybe it's as far as get it to Milligan. From there I didn't see much plan. Knock it long to Cox? Occasionally someone would flick it round the corner and off we'd go with pace but that happened twice, three times max. Then we got it wide and switched it to Goodship to shoot twice. Second half was give it to Elvis and hope.

There were many times we attacked with pace. It was not only just two or three times. Two great passes from Mantom to release Goodship. There were countless times Hamilton rampaged forward. Cox dropping in deep and collecting the ball.

Stats look healthy.

But we lost 2-0. Why? The system?

Did we lose 2-0 today because of the system and /or the manager?

We played the better football for almost the entire game.

And how many goals did that earn us? How many points?

If you want to blame someone for not hitting the target then you surely have got to blame the players who had the shots? Not the manager.

I could be wrong, but it would appear that the system we’re utilisng, is stifling our attack, and as such we can barely muster a shot.

Tonight we played Cox up front on his own. He had zero shots.

Anytime we went forward, we stopped dead still and waited... waited.... waited.... and then went backwards. And waited. And then started again.

Same as the Blackpool game. We’re toothless up front.

Truth is, we aren’t going to keep clean sheets. We’ve got no leadership at the back, and look like conceding every time we’re under attack. So instead of trying to force that clean sheet, I would just throw caution to the wind & encourage my players to be more attack minded. Instil confidence in them, that if we concede three, make sure we score four.

Incidentally, that’s the same mentality Harry Redknapp used to instil in his teams. If only we had some kind of connection to his management ways.....

Such basic analysis of what just happened to say the manager is the worst we’ve ever had. Just absolutely ridiculous.

The worst start we’ve had for decades? Whipping boys of the EFL? No goals scored in four league games? A revolt in the dressing room?

I mean, sure, you could be right, it might be ridiculous suggestion. But whilst I can find plenty of reasons for that arguement, I’m struggling to find reasons against it,

And how many goals did that earn us? How many points?
I could be wrong, but it would appear that the system we’re utilisng, is stifling our attack, and as such we can barely muster a shot.

We had 11 shots today. 10 on Saturday. 19 v Stevenage. 17 v Blackpool. 7 v Coventry.

That’s quite a lot to be fair. No?

You can’t deny 0 points is tragic. But I think it’s important to not say just anything when talking about it. I don’t think it’s a fair representation.

To say we can barely muster a shot is just not true.

Say what you want about Bond but you can’t blame him for zero shots on target comments. It is NOT Bonds fault that Goodship missed the target either side of half time. Both efforts were really close (9 out of 10 times they hit the back of the net) and had they gone in, the rest of the game would have been played differently and likely a different end result. Peterbough took their chances we didn’t and that’s nothing to do with systems and formations that’s down to the opposition being clinical and players not

We had 11 shots today. 10 on Saturday. 19 v Stevenage. 17 v Blackpool. 7 v Coventry.

That’s quite a lot to be fair. No?

You can’t deny 0 points is tragic. But I think it’s important to not say just anything when talking about it. I don’t think it’s a fair representation.

To say we can barely muster a shot is just not true.

Your optimism and idealism is admirable and can be nice to read, but it’s showing a naivety too and you are cherry picking some of these stats.

Having all that possession looks good on paper, but in reality it’s aimless possession. It’s blunt. It’s all sideways and backwards, mostly done in our own half, has no speed or drive, and carries no threat. The reason we have that much possession is because the teams we play against let us have all of that possession. Why? Because THEY know that it’s blunt and he’s no threat and are happy to sit there and watch us do it.

The vast majority of the shots you allude to are long range attempts and frustrated shots which have been snatched at. How man true clear-cut chances have you actually seen us create? Not enough.

Say what you want about Bond but you can’t blame him for zero shots on target comments. It is NOT Bonds fault that Goodship missed the target either side of half time. Both efforts were really close (9 out of 10 times they hit the back of the net) and had they gone in, the rest of the game would have been played differently and likely a different end result. Peterbough took their chances we didn’t and that’s nothing to do with systems and formations that’s down to the opposition being clinical and players not

But Goodship’s opportunities were nothing like the 2 clear-cut ones which Peterborough created and converted. As things stand we can only DREAM of creating chances like that on a semi-regular basis. That’s the problem.

There were many times we attacked with pace. It was not only just two or three times. Two great passes from Mantom to release Goodship. There were countless times Hamilton rampaged forward. Cox dropping in deep and collecting the ball.

Stats look healthy.

But we lost 2-0. Why? The system?

Did we lose 2-0 today because of the system and /or the manager?

Sorry to break it to ya kid. You just don't get it.

Your optimism and idealism is admirable and can be nice to read, but it’s showing a naivety too and you are cherry picking some of these stats.

Having all that possession looks good on paper, but in reality it’s aimless possession. It’s blunt. It’s all sideways and backwards, mostly done in our own half, has no speed or drive, and carries no threat. The reason we have that much possession is because the teams we play against let us have all of that possession. Why? Because THEY know that it’s blunt and he’s no threat and are happy to sit there and watch us do it.

The vast majority of the shots you allude to are long range attempts and frustrated shots which have been snatched at. How man true clear-cut chances have you actually seen us create? Not enough.

There is not much naivety in my analysis at all. I’m giving you numbers that are real.

Here’s another stat, on average we’ve had 57.5% of the ball overal. (I mean I question the accuracy but it’s numbers the bbc and the club publish).

It’s not optimism I’m giving. It’s numbers. I’m trying to put across another way of looking at it.

Averaging 12 shots a game and 57.5% of possession. On avarage 5 corners a game (not sure this shows much but suggests when we get into good areas).

Like I say in a previous post. Close shots that go wide or hit the post or bar are better to me than a ****e effort on target.

Just offering balance. However I don’t think I’m optimistic enough to counteract the bleakness of some people’s minds on this forum.

Goodship had to beat 3 or 4 players to create his first chance and did really well to even get in that position . Peterborough’s first goal was an open goal handed to their striker on a plate. It’s hardly fair on Goodship to make that comparison is it?

Back