• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst moments as Shrimpers

Sick of saying it, but the club will get no better until changes are made at the top. That is not happening any time soon.

it doesn’t matter which players come in, or even managers…. We’re doomed to fail while Ron is at the helm as the club is diseased.

For me it has to be now and for each week we continue to lose. I'm 62 and have been a loyal supporter for the last 50 years. I was born in an era when your club picked you, you didn't pick the team you were going to support for the rest of your life. So walking away or taking my support some where else is not an option. The last game I was able to see (pre-covid) was at home against Bristol Rovers, March 7th, 2020. in League One. Left Roots Hall feeling encouraged, good game, good result and a good team performance from a young squad.

Fast forward, My next trip back to England November, 2021. Have 4 games to see. Grimsby, Maidenhead, Altrincham and Yeovil. I'll be excited to be back at the games, watching live footie again with a crowd of like minded fellow supporters of the "Shrimpers" However, now my expectations are low, poor quality games with less than positive results ( Hope I'm proved wrong). I've seen the highs and lows of supporting an unfashionable club I love, It's been a big part of my childhood and adult life. My constant feeling now is of worry and constant fear that we might go out of this league. This is something I never ever contemplated the last game I was at vs Bristol Rovers at Roots Hall March 2020. Not really that long ago is it ? How did we get into this position ?

Back