• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst performance under Tilson!

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
Tilson says on the official site that today was the most disappointd he'd felt since he'd taken charge, and I dont blame him as today was probably the worst we've played under him. No effort, you could tell we were safe. Some of the players just couldn't be arsed and their keeper didn't make one save. Yeovil played very well to be fair but we can play a lot better and we definitely missed the creativity of Gower. Nicolau was MOTM for me(why on earth did Maher get it, he was well under par), our only real attacking threat. I think we'll be seeing Clark and Corbett going in the summer, neither really impressed today.

The thousands of screaming kids in the south lower also annoyed me  
sad.gif
None of them actually watch the game and just spend the whole time screaming and getting out of their seat. Wasn't very clever choosing a team with Yeovil colours either
laugh.gif

To be fair shrimpboy,Ithink full credit goes to Yeovil,very well organised in all departments and snuffed out any chance we had.
Cort had to be MOTM stopped 3 certain goals by throwing himself in the way of goal bound shots.
The one thing the game did highlight was the fragile defence when Warren isn't playing.
One sad note was Jupp again arguing with Cort and Lewis,has something gone behind the scences we donot know about.

Oh and Danny Rodriques was star quality for Yeovil,why cann't Clarke play like that he has the ability,lets hope its not going to be wasted in the non leagues

Have to disagree regarding Corbett and Clarke. Theyve both just come back from the sidelines and just need more games.

YEs we did miss Gower and Petiffer , but alas that happens with a side that have had a nice bedding in period with each other and a succesful run of form .
(Mindn you if only Gower had been playing he'd have run rings around that Yovil defence , Torquay for the play offs me think !)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 24 2004,20:04)]Have to disagree regarding Corbett and Clarke. Theyve both just come back from the sidelines and just need more games.

YEs we did miss Gower and Petiffer , but alas that happens with a side that have had a nice bedding in period with each other and a succesful run of form .
(Mindn you if only Gower had been playing he'd have run rings around that Yovil defence , Torquay for the play offs me think !)
Corbett has been playing regularly for the reserves for about 3 months

Pretty astute summary from Shrmpboy...

wow.gif
tounge.gif

Not sure I agree with the Corbett thoughts - for me, he showed enough flashes in the first 30 minutes or so to think that he's got something to offer next year.

But if Clark was drinking in the last chance saloon, he appears to have run out of juice... Pathetic, IMHO... saw him jogging back after losing possession merely minutes after coming on.  Unacceptable.

Thought Flahavan was poor today.  He demonstrated today that we definitely need a new keeper, i'm afraid.  Beaten for height for their first goal - neither claimed the cross, nor did he punch it far enough.

Nicolau a clear MotM for me - the boy has class.

Bramble was also poor.  But no taking anything away from Yeovil - they worked hard and skilfully as a team and fully deserved the win.

Hope we play a LOT better than that against Torquay.

Matt

P.S. What's with all the Lewis Hunt tinkering? I'm not that convinced by him as a midfielder in general; but there's no doubt at all after today that he makes a cack right wing. Can't remember a decent overlapping move he successfully executed with Jupp. Hey ho.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 24 2004,18:32)]Some of the players just couldn't be arsed and their keeper didn't make one save.

Nicolau was MOTM for me(why on earth did Maher get it, he was well under par), our only real attacking threat.
Their keeper made probably one of the best saves I have seen at the Hall this season. Maher's deflected shot and had the game been 2-2 in the 89th minute everyone would have wanted to shoot their keeper. It was a finger-tip class stop.

And they say football is all about opinions and this one is certainly different.

I saw a different Nicolau to both you and MtS and maybe even the whole ground, who knows. I saw a Nicolau who couldn't cross, I saw woeful crosses, I saw woeful tackles, I saw someone who couldn't hold the line, I saw someone who didn't know when to release the ball, I saw a very poor left back indeed. Maybe a tad harsh, but a new left back is definitely priority next season.

Einstein

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheLittleGazette @ April 25 2004,00:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 24 2004,20:04)]Have to disagree regarding Corbett and Clarke. Theyve both just come back from the sidelines and just need more games.

Corbett has been playing regularly for the reserves for about 3 months
Hence why he needs more first team football !!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ April 25 2004,02:42)]
I saw a different Nicolau to both you and MtS and maybe even the whole ground, who knows. I saw a Nicolau who couldn't cross, I saw woeful crosses, I saw woeful tackles, I saw someone who couldn't hold the line, I saw someone who didn't know when to release the ball, I saw a very poor left back indeed. Maybe a tad harsh, but a new left back is definitely priority next season.

Einstein
I totally agree with you about Nicolau. I agree that he is a vast improvement on Che, but then again what isn't?

I think some people are blinded by the fact that he comes from Arsenal, and that he has good quick feet. However his quick feet and attempts at beating his opponent often leads to us giving away possession and an attack being brought on us. I think he would be a brilliant left-winger as he has pace, and as I've said trickery, but a good left-back I don't think.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ April 25 2004,10:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ April 25 2004,02:42)]

Einstein
I totally agree with you about Nicolau.  I agree that he is a vast improvement on Che, but then again what isn't?

I think some people are blinded by the fact that he comes from Arsenal, and that he has good quick feet.  However his quick feet and attempts at beating his opponent often leads to us giving away possession and an attack being brought on us.  I think he would be a brilliant left-winger as he has pace, and as I've said trickery, but a good left-back I don't think.
I will also agree.
I didn't see the game yesterday but when i saw the Blues over Easter I thought that he strikes the ball well and is always keen to get forward but when he loses the ball is continuely out of position which caused at least 3 goals that I saw. When he is where he is meant to be he makes wrong descions by diving in, trying to kick the ball out instead of heading it, or trying to dribble or pass out when it just needs a good hoove.

Back