• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst school lie.

pringlejon

Pringello Indexinator
Now that school's nearly upon the young people again (seems ages ago and i'm only 19), i've just randomly been thinking what the worst lie i've ever told to get out of trouble for not doing my homework or being late is.

So time to share your excuses or ones you've had from students (if you're a teacher).

I'll start off with my worst lie. A lot of effort went in to this while i was on the bus to my first lesson which had started 20 mins ago.

I literally just walked into the class and said,
"Sorry i'm late, it was the pigeons", then sat down. Teacher looked confused but couldnt be bothered to take me up on it, unlike some classmates at the end of the lesson!

Sorry missed me train, even tho I lived where there were no trains

When I was in the first year of senior school (20 years ago!), if you forgot your tie you were sent to one of the teachers (large scary lady) and she made you wear a horrible 60's style kipper tie, you never forgot your tie again after that I tell ya!

Sorry i'm late, missed the bus or something along those lines

When i got a lift everyday.

The ran over one worked.
A funny story actually, being childish on Valentines day we decided to right my mates number on pieces of paper and hand then out saying "call this for sex" or whatever. Me my mate and two other girls went off to write them, my mate suggested we do it were he wouldnt find us, so we went into the staff toilet. Half way through there was a knock at the door. I can now understand what the 4 teachers must have thought when two lads and two girls come tumbling out of a toilet together.
Anyway we were accused of having a drug fuelled orgy and got a phone call home saying that.
How embaressing.

I bunked off one day and the next day got asked where i was and i replied with i was ill so walked home to wickford when i went to school in Basildon which is certianly not walking distance especially if not very well. My mates had also come out with the same excuse.

I remember leaving 3 hours early for Rochdale away about 1999 i think, i got my mum to write me a letter, saying i could leave at 1:15 after lunch, but being sly i put an extra 1 in front to make it 11:15 - the excuse read - "J has to leave early today, to visit his uncle In Hospital, in Pimlico"

worst school lie i heard was in RE class - the teacher insisted that the bible was a true story.

The good thing about being is 6th form is that theres no need to lie, I just used to tell my chemistry teacher before the lesson that I wasn't coming and that I would pick up the work next lesson which she always forgot, unsuprisingly I got a U :( other than that I've only used the usual dentist, doctors etc.

Didn't do an English essay, so came out with the excuse my hamster had nibbled at the corner and I didn't want to hand in tatty work.

Anyone who went to WHSB and had Mr Wetherilt for English will not be surprised to learn that it worked.....

Not at school but the best excuse I heard was 'Sorry I'm late, the car wouldn't start' On being asked what was wrong with it he replied 'Nothing, I just wasn't in it'

Used to have a very weak blood vessel in my nose and was prone to nose bleeds (still am, but not so often now), and used to be able to make my nose bleed at will - usually in French lessons during the first couple of years when we had rather a weak but bit eccentric teacher.

'Sorry miss. I dont have my books today. My house was broken into last night and they used my bag to carry the stuff out of my house. Unfortunately all my books were in the bag they took. '

Wasnt actually a lie and was actually the truth but my teacher for English had to phone up my old dear that day to confirm the story.

"Why haven't you done your homework?"

"Err, let me think, maybe it's because I only moved into my house last week and my table (in fact, pretty much everything other than the kitchen things and the beds) is still in storage you silly cow!"

Not the kind of thing you say in your third or fourth ever Science lesson at secondary school. Wasn't a lie either. Worked though.

Back