• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst type of Londoners.

Worst type of Londoners. - Who do you reckon?

• North Londoners

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Londoners

• East Londoners

• West Londoners

• City People.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Having worked in London since I was 20 I have worked with various people from all over London.

As a rule I have always got one well with people from East London.South London people I find funny but a bit tempremental. Work in City myself so cant slate them so only left with West or North.

I think I am going to have to go for West Londoners. I think most of them I have met reckon themselves a bit too much and I hate the way that most West Londoners say West London like they all live in Kensington when in fact its probaby a horrible part of Hammersmith or somethig like that.

Your thoughts please.

South London.
Always treated any trips south of the river as a journey into enemy territory.
Backed up by the fact me & my mate got a kicking at Roehampton Institute Student Union a few years back by a car full of drug dealing yardies!

Sarf Londoners get my vote, might be funny in short bursts, but you soon grow bored of them.

Poncy West Londoners would be in second place. I'm always wary of girls who neigh rather than laugh.

East London is alright until you reach the outskirts and places like Barking, which are infested with Wet Sham supporting scum.

North London is OK as well.

Lived in West London for five years so have a soft spot for the area, but the place is full of tossers...Chiswick in particular.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 22 2006,11:49)]Lived in West London ... the place is full of tossers
indeed it is..

North London is proper London. We've got all the decent parks, all the decent pubs, all the decent gig venues and all the decent people. In short, we rule.

East London is weird, but endearing. Historically multi-cultural, it's been the home to immigrants for centuries, so it's unlike anywhere else on earth. Does have the misfortune to be populated by more than it's fair share of loony Islamic warriors and people who wear aviator shades indoors. I can't decide who I hate the most.

West London is home to legions of Antipods. Strange, cheerful bronzed Aussies and Kiwis. It has a few moments, but you're more likely to get stuck in a pub watching Aussie Rules with a 6ft4 bloke called Travis and his midget, high pitched girlfriend Bee as they kick back shots and answer every question with, "Awwww, yeah?"

South London is gash. It's riddled with crime, rampaging madmen and gastro pubs. It's full of people who wear heavy-rimmed spectacles and ironic trainers. It's a swirling maelstrom of police sirens and discarded fried chicken. If a bomb went off there, the news wouldn't break for weeks because no-one would know the difference. If I have to spend anything more than two hours south of the river my nose starts to bleed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Nov. 22 2006,12:12)]South London is gash. It's riddled with crime, rampaging madmen and gastro pubs. It's full of people who wear heavy-rimmed spectacles and ironic trainers. It's a swirling maelstrom of police sirens and discarded fried chicken. If a bomb went off there, the news wouldn't break for weeks because no-one would know the difference. If I have to spend anything more than two hours south of the river my nose starts to bleed.
Love it ! !

And so true...

...south is home to The Jam and Squeeze while east have Chas & Dave and Iron Maiden....
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Nov. 22 2006,12:12)]North London is proper London. We've got all the decent parks, all the decent pubs, all the decent gig venues and all the decent people. In short, we rule.

East London is weird, but endearing. Historically multi-cultural, it's been the home to immigrants for centuries, so it's unlike anywhere else on earth. Does have the misfortune to be populated by more than it's fair share of loony Islamic warriors and people who wear aviator shades indoors.  I can't decide who I hate the most.

West London is home to legions of Antipods. Strange, cheerful bronzed Aussies and Kiwis. It has a few moments, but you're more likely to get stuck in a pub watching Aussie Rules with a 6ft4 bloke called Travis and his midget, high pitched girlfriend Bee as they kick back shots and answer every question with, "Awwww, yeah?"

South London is gash. It's riddled with crime, rampaging madmen and gastro pubs. It's full of people who wear heavy-rimmed spectacles and ironic trainers. It's a swirling maelstrom of police sirens and discarded fried chicken. If a bomb went off there, the news wouldn't break for weeks because no-one would know the difference. If I have to spend anything more than two hours south of the river my nose starts to bleed.
Top right up but I was talking more about the people from their than the place itself....
suspect.gif

West Londoners are clearly the worst.  The whole place is full of braying sloanes who believe that the centre of the known universe is located somehwere between Sloane Square and Parsons' Green, and who can only afford to live there because mumsie and popsie can put down half a million in cash for a bedsit.  People still wear red jeans  and turn up their rugger shirt collars there, for heaven's sake; and it is no coincidence that the most hated of urban vehicles - the huge urban 4x4 - is known as a Chelsea tractor.

Next worse are North Londoners.  When you reel off the neighbourhoods filled with pretentious so-called intellectuals, all of them bar Notting Hill (which is in West London, see above) are in North London: Hampstead, Highgate, Primrose Hill, Islington etc. etc.  Scattered amongst the knitted-cardigan organic Grauniad readers' enclaves are some truly horrid parts of town - notably Haringey to the East and Harlesden to the West... parts of London which I wouldn't visit if you paid me.  And then there's Camden Town, truly the crap-hole of London and filled with the most loathsome flotsam and jetsam wandering around in thai-dye trousers and Doc Marten boots.  Anyone who has ever read the Private Eye cartoon of "It's Grim up North London" would know that the rest of the country hoots with derision at North Londoners... and rightly so.

East London and its inhabitants are really only let down by the existence of West Ham in that part of town.  From the food and edgy design of Brick Lane to the flowers of Columbia Road to the regeneration pouring into the area with Canary Wharf, Eurostar and the Olympics, East London is a great part of town - and its inhabitants are, by and large, pretty normal.

South London and South Londoners rock.  We give off the image of being filled with Tenessee Fried Chicken wrappers and drugs heists in order to keep the snotty inhabitants north of the river away from all of London's best-kept secrets.  Borough Market, Greenwich Park, the Royal Observatory, Blackheath, Clapham, Richmond, Battersea Power Station, Eltham Palace, Imperial War Museum, the London Eye...  you name it, all the best stuff is south of the river.  Including me, obviously.

tounge.gif

The City kind of loses out, really.  There are only 9,000 inhabitants in it anyway, and most of them are cloistered in the Barbican, so it can't be said that they have much of an identity, do they?!

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 22 2006,12:51)]Borough Market, Greenwich Park, the Royal Observatory, Blackheath, Clapham, Richmond, Battersea Power Station, Eltham Palace, Imperial War Museum, the London Eye... you name it, all the best stuff is south of the river. Including me, obviously.

tounge.gif
If someone from Richmond caught you bunging them in with South London they'd set their labradors on you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 22 2006,12:51)]South London and South Londoners rock.  We give off the image of being filled with Tenessee Fried Chicken wrappers and drugs heists in order to keep the snotty inhabitants north of the river away from all of London's best-kept secrets.  Borough Market, Greenwich Park, the Royal Observatory, Blackheath, Clapham, Richmond, Battersea Power Station, Eltham Palace, Imperial War Museum, the London Eye...  you name it, all the best stuff is south of the river.  Including me, obviously.
Ah, I get it. Sarf London is the equivalent of France.

France is actually a great place, but God played a nasty trick by filling it with the French. Likewise Sarf London is actually fantastic but God filled it with Sarf Londoners.

Mind you, Borough Market is clearly the most pretentious market in London. Isn't the Royal Observatory in Greenwich Park - sounds like you are padding out your list to me! The Imperial War Musuem isn't bad, but I'd rather the British Musuem.

You are definitely right about the drugs heists, I purchased a property on the wrong side of the river for a client and within 20 minutes of exchange and completion it had been raided by the drugs squad.

ps The London Eye and Battersea Power Station are hardly London's best kept secrets as they are always packed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 22 2006,12:51)]South London and South Londoners rock.  We give off the image of being filled with Tenessee Fried Chicken wrappers and drugs heists in order to keep the snotty inhabitants north of the river away from all of London's best-kept secrets.  Borough Market, Greenwich Park, the Royal Observatory, Blackheath, Clapham, Richmond, Battersea Power Station, Eltham Palace, Imperial War Museum, the London Eye...  you name it, all the best stuff is south of the river.  Including me, obviously.
I do not recognise "South London" as an independent area, the way I see it London can be split as follows...

1) Central London (Tower Bridge to Lancaster Gate, up to the Inner Ring Road)
2)North London (Above that bit)
3)West London (West that bit)
4)East London (Nasty Wet Sham/Illegal Immigrant Country)
5)Croydon (Anything South of the River within the M25 is Croydon)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gbshrimper @ Nov. 22 2006,13:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Nov. 22 2006,12:23)]...south is home to The Jam and Squeeze while east have Chas & Dave and Iron Maiden....
biggrin.gif
You can't call Woking South London can you??

Anyway Wham! were from North London - ahem.
Well learnt something today, always thought Woking was in south London, sorry Mr. Weller.

Not forgetting 5 Star and that bird from S-Club 7 from Romford which is sort of in East London.

Madness from Camden.....The Clash from West....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gbshrimper @ Nov. 22 2006,13:21)]The way I see it London can be split as follows...
Minor editing needed, there:

1) Central London (Tower Bridge to Lancaster Gate, up to the Inner Ring Road)
2) Watford & environs (Above that bit)
3) Staines & environs (West that bit)
4) Hoxton / Shoreditch / Bethnal Green / Hackney
5) Barking & environs (anything east of 4)
6) South London (the lovely bits South of the river)

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 22 2006,13:16)]You are definitely right about the drugs heists, I purchased a property on the wrong side of the river for a client and within 20 minutes of exchange and completion it had been raided by the drugs squad.
I might allow Lord Slipper to chuck a few barbs in my direction from the comfort of his flat in Tuffers Park, but I'm hardly going to allow scorn to be poured on Greenwich by a man who lives a Flahavan-throw away from the Lower Clapton Road, known to all in the press as "Murder Mile"....

South London may have it's dodgy bits, but you're based between two of the most deprived boroughs in Europe, old boy.

Logs in own eye, etc etc...

Oo.gif

Back