• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst type of Londoners.

Worst type of Londoners. - Who do you reckon?

• North Londoners

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Londoners

• East Londoners

• West Londoners

• City People.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
[b said:
Quote[/b] (loz @ Nov. 23 2006,01:40)]I live in Brockley at the minute...
Blimey, loz... looks like I'll be getting in touch soon, then! I'm hoping to move to the Hilly Fields / St. John's area - only a stone's throw from Brockley.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 22 2006,16:24)]Without wishing either to brag and/or tempt fate, the Mews I live in - and, as Spiff would tell you, I live on the boundary between Greenwich & Lewisham - has had one burglary in 8 years.  And that's it.
Mews... Matt, is that a posh word for cul-de-sac?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ Nov. 23 2006,10:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 22 2006,16:24)]Without wishing either to brag and/or tempt fate, the Mews I live in - and, as Spiff would tell you, I live on the boundary between Greenwich & Lewisham - has had one burglary in 8 years.  And that's it.
laugh.gif

Err, yes, I suppose so - mine is an 1980s, ersatz, gated-community sort of way...

blush.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 22 2006,12:51)]Scattered amongst the knitted-cardigan organic Grauniad readers' enclaves are some truly horrid parts of town - notably Haringey to the East and Harlesden to the West... parts of London which I wouldn't visit if you paid me.
I was born in Harlesden and now work in Haringey - God help me!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 23 2006,12:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ Nov. 23 2006,10:57)]
[b said:
laugh.gif

Err, yes, I suppose so - mine is an 1980s, ersatz, gated-community sort of way...

blush.gif
I live in a Mews..

It dates back to the times when you would have a road behind the houses where the stables were.

Of course my road was built in 2005, and therefore the use of the name is complete tosh!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 23 2006,10:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (loz @ Nov. 23 2006,01:40)]I live in Brockley at the minute...
Blimey, loz... looks like I'll be getting in touch soon, then! I'm hoping to move to the Hilly Fields / St. John's area - only a stone's throw from Brockley.

smile.gif
Nicely done mate... The conservation area around HillyFields is quite salubrious and relatively cheap considering how close it is to town, lots of nice Victorian stock- tried to get there myself when I moved down from Norwich but ended up slightly further down the road in Crofton Park (which is still basically Brockley). can give you the run-down on local amenities... but we're getting off-topic so, what I really, really hate is North/west Londoners who have a holier-than-thou attitude about South London, when North of the River you have such beautiful spots as Haringey, Tottenham, The Holloway Road etc etc.and of course Camden, which is the most over-hyped sh!thole i've ever had the misfortune to go to a gig in.

oh, and I think the crack dealers in Brockley moved to another pub opposite the rail station, which eventually suffered the same fate as the Brakespears Arms. a lot of potential clients seem to hang around the Wetherspoons, mind..

West London does seem to be full of mentalists, Aussies and posh people. A very odd mix. To say that it has no decent venues is a massive slight on teh Apollo which is still a great venue.

Tower Hamlets really isn't the kind of place you can categorise. The bit I live on the fringe of does seem very decent but the place we play football in is much worse and doesn't even seem the worst

[b said:
Quote[/b] (loz @ Nov. 24 2006,14:45)]Nicely done mate... The conservation area around Hilly Fields is quite salubrious and relatively cheap considering how close it is to town, lots of nice Victorian stock- tried to get there myself when I moved down from Norwich but ended up slightly further down the road in Crofton Park (which is still basically Brockley). can give you the run-down on local amenities...
Blimey... one of my best mates lives in Crofton Park, small world, eh?!

biggrin.gif

It was the salubrious, double-fronted Victorian stock that attracted us to Hilly Fields, for sure! We're hoping to buy just out of the Brockley Conservation Area, about two streets to the East and into the SE13 (rather than the SE4) postcode... not least because being out of the Conservation Area should make it a little easier to do some home improvements!

If the sale goes through, then I'm definitely up for a beer and a low-down on the local amenities...

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Nov. 24 2006,09:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 22 2006,12:51)]Scattered amongst the knitted-cardigan organic Grauniad readers' enclaves are some truly horrid parts of town - notably Haringey to the East and Harlesden to the West... parts of London which I wouldn't visit if you paid me.
I was born in Harlesden and now work in Haringey - God help me!
Having lived a goal kick away from Turnpike Lane tube station for two of my Uni years, I heartily concur.

And don't get me started on Wood Green!

Back