• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes it would be that bad, Stevenage and Barnet away or Charlton and Sheffield United, I know what I'd pick!

It would be bad, BUT not the end of the world.
And if we could then romp the league 2014/15, in style, that would be GREAT!

Remaining in this S**t division is slowly killing us and would make the development of Fossetts a joke !!!

I dont think remaining in this division is killing us. With a lot of the off-field problems we have had I would hate to be paying higher wages right now and I seriously doubt the extra revenue from being a lg higher would be the miracle saviour. As for FF the development is not a joke as it is the means to achieve more than we are now.

Come end of May we will be in the division where we deserve to be but for a whole host of reasons league 1 would be so much better

God yes. A fifth year in Division Four would be horrible.

Which is a shame, because it's looking pretty likely. Oh well, at least Luton is a close-ish trip for me.

think we need to stay in this league tbh, main thing is to keep most of this squad together and push on from there, if we can keep our most promising players then we can go one better than this season, and of course I would still settle for play-offs this season and love to go up but maybe we need another year in this league, might do the players some good.

The problem with this division and a club with a critical financial situation - is there is not another division in The Football League below us!
A few players leave, a few desperate replacements, low morale etc ... and you find yourself hosting Forest Green Rovers and driving up the A12 to Braintree and not Colchester.
Lets get out of this bloody division - then we have a cushion to fall back into..just in case!

We are not good enough to go up IMO.

And it would require quite a lot of business to happen over the summer, to keep us in League One if we did.

Would it be that bad staying in League Two?

Yes & No.

Yes as I think we are all sick of it in the basement and could do with some increased ticket revenue etc.

No because are we financially stable enough to put out a side capable of at least staying in League One?

The problem with this division and a club with a critical financial situation - is there is not another division in The Football League below us!
A few players leave, a few desperate replacements, low morale etc ... and you find yourself hosting Forest Green Rovers and driving up the A12 to Braintree and not Colchester.
Lets get out of this bloody division - then we have a cushion to fall back into..just in case!

This,

Doomsday scenario I know but this club does sail close to the wind.

Back in the 70s when I was young I would have said"whats one more season"
Now at my current age,and following all the years of support I say FFS GET US OUT OF THIS CR*P DIVISION BEFORE I DIE!!!!
OH , AND GET A MOVE ON WITH FOSSETTS BEFORE I RUN OUT TIME!!!! oh and ENGLAND WIN THE WORLD CUP (ok the last one is beyond most of us

Keep taking the tablets !!!!!!!
Whilst climbing the ladder is fantastic and of course the football is a lot better, but for next season only, would it be that bad staying in this division? I am coming purely a proximity point of view. With Stevenage looking certain for the drop from League 1 and Col Ewe being in the mix for the relegation spaces, these would be two relatively local away days after years of having to travel to many many Northern towns and cities. But not just from League 1, looking down, Luton are almost certs for promotion and Cambridge & Barnet fill the top two playoff spaces, next season could be great for watching Southend both home & away (and be home for the second half of the 5.30 kick off!). I feel with the squad and quality we have at the moment we would be one of the whipping boys in League 1, therefore I for one, wouldn't find it so bad not getting promoted this season.

No matter how much you support the team there does come a time when you ask yourself the question can I really sit and watch another year of Div 2 football?

No matter how much you support the team there does come a time when you ask yourself the question can I really sit and watch another year of Div 2 football?

I've been watching Southend for over 45 years and many times during that period I've asked myself that question. I'm still asking it, and still going to Roots Hall. Not sure what that tells me.

Obviously we need to turn things around soon to maintain our chances of a play off place.
Plymouth are in great form and will no doubt be confident of going up us soon , especially as we have Scunthorpe away coming up.
But Fleetwood , Burton and Oxford above us aren't exactly flying either and have quite a few games against teams in and around the top to play , so many points to be dropped.
As I said , if we don't start winning then it's all irrelevant , but still think we have a decent chance.

When time allows , just take a look at Burtons remaining games - really tough run in.

I will still do the home games, but doing the treks to these Godforsaken northern hitholes, as somebody used to call them, is another matter! Its a shame as I love my away trips, but the likes of Morecambe, Accrington, Chesterfield etc, does not tempt me in the slightest to travel to them. even if the beer is cheap!!

Also, the atmosphere is dire at most of these grounds, where crowds of under 2000 is commonplace. Look how many teams get crowds of 2000 or less! Daggers only had 1300 fans at the weekend & Wet Spam were away! Again, Morecambe, Accrington, Torquay all get less than 2000 regularly & a few other hover above that number!

Please get us out of Div 2 Phil!!

We have been in the bottom division for a large part of our history, Im not sure I really understand the "we cant bear to be here" statements.

Is it really that much worse playing Burton in League Two than Carlisle in League One? Is the standard of football actually that much better? Every time we have played a league one side in the past few years we have done ok.

Obviously we want to go up, and league one certainly has some better fixtures, but its not like the difference between League Two and One is that different for it to be unbearable in this league.

Back