• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you agree with this statement....

Yes or No?

• Yes - I agree

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • No - I don't agree

Votes: 55 79.7%

• Total voters
Because it promotes being Gay which is not natural

Just stop being a big nose left **** please

But what exactly is 'natural' anyway?

Henna tatoos? Fennel? Purple carrots? Fern Britten's boobs?

They all are and you wouldn't catch me advocating them either...

Sorry Scott but I'm a little lost. How exactly does two guys kissing on national television promote homosexuality? Does two women kissing promote the cause for lesbians?

It's a part of daily social life, something that Eastenders has always tried to portray. Simple fact is Scott you are either gay or you're not. If you're heterosexual then no amount of viewing two guys kissing is going to 'turn' you the other way and that's the same for women, no amount of watching two lesbians kissing is going to make a heterosexual woman want to go out and grab the nearest baps she comes across. Personally I can't stand the sight of it myself but that's where the remote control is so handy. But, just because I don't like seeing it doesn't make it either unnatural or immoral.

If you're religious Scott then I'm wasting by breath. If you're not then I would have thought you were sensible enough not to allow homophobia to cloud what is a very reasoned debate.

A resounding "no" from me; the only people making us a laughing stock are the likes of the "White Nationalist Front".

Extraordinary. Of the Labour party's few unalloyed successes in government, the creation of the Civil Partnership Act was one of them. I think it makes us look enlightened and unbigoted as a nation.

Looks like the good people of SZ.com agrees as well, which I find most heartening.

A resounding "no" from me; the only people making us a laughing stock are the likes of the "White Nationalist Front".

Extraordinary. Of the Labour party's few unalloyed successes in government, the creation of the Civil Partnership Act was one of them. I think it makes us look enlightened and unbigoted as a nation.

Looks like the good people of SZ.com agrees as well, which I find most heartening.

25% do not agree though

Matt, your kids - will you be happy for them to be Homosexual?

I have to agree with MtS.

Being around the goth/alt scene from a fairly young age I have met and been friends with transsexuals, transvestites, cross dressers, openly gay men that tend to gravitate towards that scene as it's less judgmental (possibly, unless you are a Slipknot fan) and there is nothing unnatural about it.

There is nothing more natural than an expression of self, of love, of friendship, in whatever form that may take.

Being happy and comfortable in yourself and with those you care about is what's important.

Certainly more important than books of fairytales.

Last edited:
Matt, your kids - will you be happy for them to be Homosexual?

I would be sad if my kids are homosexual because they would find themselves growing up in a world of bigotry, intolerance and even hatred towards homosexuals. It's particularly acute in some places, but they'd even ecounter it in their own country.

As a parent, I just want my kids to be happy. And if, in discovering that happiness, they learn that they are homosexual, so be it. Since I'm someone with at least one homosexual relative (and not a distant relative, at that), it's a possibility that my kids might also be homosexual, so it's something I've thought a reasonable amount about. If you feel that your ingrained prejudices about homosexuality are more important to you than your future relationship with your own flesh and blood, so be it - but I think that's a shame. I certainly don't share your view.

No one should be stigmatised for being who they are. Some people have flat feet. Some people are short-sighted. Some people have red hair. And some people are gay. It's high time, as a society, we accepted homosexuality as being no more unusual than myopia.

Matt

I would be sad if my kids are homosexual because they would find themselves growing up in a world of bigotry, intolerance and even hatred towards homosexuals. It's particularly acute in some places, but they'd even ecounter it in their own country.

As a parent, I just want my kids to be happy. And if, in discovering that happiness, they learn that they are homosexual, so be it. Since I'm someone with at least one homosexual relative (and not a distant relative, at that), it's a possibility that my kids might also be homosexual, so it's something I've thought a reasonable amount about. If you feel that your ingrained prejudices about homosexuality are more important to you than your future relationship with your own flesh and blood, so be it - but I think that's a shame. I certainly don't share your view.

No one should be stigmatised for being who they are. Some people have flat feet. Some people are short-sighted. Some people have red hair. And some people are gay. It's high time, as a society, we accepted homosexuality as being no more unusual than myopia.

Matt

Great post , and wholly agree. There isnt really a "normal" person or a "normal" lifestyle or what ever . WE only appear to hate those that are different due to a lack of understanding or knowledge and in this day and age there simply is no need for this .

While i jokingly inferred that Scott may have an issue ;) , none of us should ever feel what ever flavour of person we are or are attracted to should be repressed or damaged , due to ignorance . Like Mordin i know a good many people on many different versions of life , I don't agree with them all but ive never felt threatned infected ;) or weary of any of them (and you can be an arsehole no matter your gender or orinetation, thats just people )

Matt

Yes but its still not right to be Gay

Yes but its still not right to be Gay

*sigh*

I ain't gonna bite.

zpage107.jpg

100 Years ago that poll would have been very different so why do things have to change its unnatural unholy and a joke

200 years ago, people went around in horse-drawn carts, doctors carried leeches and used to let blood out of people's veins to ease the "humours".

It's called progress, Scott.

Back