• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you enter my fantasy Championship comp?

Would you enter my fantasy Championship comp? - It'd be free!

• Yep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably

• No

• Probably not

• Total voters

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
Right, we're going to put this on ice just for a few days and have a think about how to do it. For pickledseal's (I think!) information, it was only going to be for the Championship. Doing the league's below would be far too much effort and the Premiership market is saturated with better ones.

If someone is heavily proficient at making a some sort of database that can calculate results for each player with an entry game for each week, that would be amazing. Think I can knock one together myself but my VBA's pretty simple.

Also gonna stick a poll up to try and guage interest. Frankly, I'd need at least fifteen or else I would feel I am wasting my time!

I do actually have quite a lot of confidence that I can get this thing together before the start of the season. Right now I'm not planning on making a prize available, largely due to the lack of time.

I'm sure you've seent he other thread. I'm planning on making a fantasy type game with Championship players and just want to get some idea of support for it.

I'm in and will help wherever my limited brain and time can be used.

smile.gif

I'd be surprised if couldn't raise more than 15.

I think decent system calculating could be required as I could see maybe even 5 times that figure entering!

Remember the SZ Prediction League? There were a lot of people in that and that was in the early days of SZ...

yep, erm im in obviously, but i was just thinking, the scoring may be a problem, unless somebody has a plan, thats not really my scene, ill try and organise the players into position category.

Count me in too. I could help with database/VB/SQL stuff, could probably even host it online, PM me if you want my help.

Small update for this.

It's going to have a similar system to the fantasy premier league comp and therefore a similar player valuation system.

Also, bump.

cool, maybe ill get the players organised into positions tomorow, but ill only do that if thats what you want sufcintheprem.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ July 18 2006,22:14)]Small update for this.

It's going to have a similar system to the fantasy premier league comp and therefore a similar player valuation system.

Also, bump.
Makes sense

Goals conceded/clean sheets for defenders

Goals/assists from Midfielders, plus clean sheets

Goals/Assists from strikers

Use the prem league one as a template

Sounds good to me, im a big fan of fantasy premierleague..

No idea how you would copy the template though, leave that to you guys
smile.gif

Looks decent that. Think I may still plough on and make one cos you don't seem to be able to have your own mini-leagues with that one. Think I've worked out a way I can do it but need to spend the rest of today doing it. As long as Collingwood and Cook stay in, I shouldn't be too distracted.

Don't think I'll have a fancy online form though as per that one.

Back