• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you have Nile Ranger back?

Would you want him back?

• Yes

Votes: 76 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 173 64.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 20 7.4%

• Total voters
All very good reasons why he doesn’t deserve another chance.

The main reason I wouldn’t want him back, is the scam he was a part of, in which conned someone out of £2k. That’s nigh on impossible to forgive and forget.

Although that opens another can of worms altogether, on whether criminals deserve to carry their convictions around their neck forever.
It's not just the scam, although that does form part of my dislike. Ranger served his time and Ron welcomed the bloke back into the fold, a decision which I 100% supported, only to be let down yet again. I'm not anti players with a record, proven by my support for Michael Timlin. Not once has Nile totally reformed with any of the clubs that have thrown him a lifeline. Instead he reverts to type. And as for podcasts, words are cheap.

Seem to remember rumours of him not being a great influence on the youngsters at the time. Seeing as we’ll have a squad made up of mostly youngsters next season, I’m not sure it would be the wisest move.

I would have him back just to enjoy everyone getting so ****ed off with him being here. Especially David Icke!

Doesn’t matter what anyone wants he’s obviously someone who Ron rates and he will encourage the new manager to sign like he did Sol.

Last edited:
I would hope that he has grown up enough and realised just what he's throwing away to be able to justify giving him another chance. This would be on a 3 month contract, to include pre-season training, and then on some kind of rolling contract, with the knowledge that there are no more chances.

There’s an interview with him in the latest FourFourTwo. It’s an interesting read and I didn’t realise his past was quite so chequered. He says all the right things about learning his lesson and wanting another chance.....

Problem is talk is cheap and I‘ve heard it all before from him numerous times. He had his chance here and he blew it. I’m 100% against him coming back, even if he really did play for free as he offered a few months back.

I would have him back just to enjoy everyone getting so ****ed off with him being here. Especially David Icke!

Until he does something stupid again and damages the team? Yeah, great fun that would be.

Incredible this is even a topic

How many chances does a person need to wake up and realise what they're doing? By many accounts, he had a very negative effect on the dressing room. Do we really want to risk that happening again at such a difficult time for us?

No thanks. He had his chances. Time to move on.

Until he does something stupid again and damages the team? Yeah, great fun that would be.

Incredible this is even a topic

What did he do to damage the team last time remind me? What by turning up late? From what I know the players liked him and wasn’t anymore a disruption to the dressing room than others at that time.

Hypothetically, what’s the worst case scenario, if we gave him a 3-month contract, on small wages?

His unprofessionalism disrupts training, undermines the new manager, causes rifts in the dressing room and leads young players astray.

Maybe sponsors get cold feet as well - particularly if they are selling to old people as you don’t want a convicted fraudster associated with your product - and we lose revenue we can ill afford to lose.

It would certainly make me question whether it’s worth getting a season ticket if we are just going to make the same mistakes over and over again.

ps It will take him more than 3 months to get him match fit if his previous experience of “lockdown” was anything to go by.

What did he do to damage the team last time remind me? What by turning up late? From what I know the players liked him and wasn’t anymore a disruption to the dressing room than others at that time.

In general he has a history of taking clubs for mugs refusing to grow up and show up on time would be hugely detrimental to our youngsters. Didn't he have a court case shortly after signing for us that he didn't tell us about?

Read the FFT Article and your opinion on him will change.

In general he has a history of taking clubs for mugs refusing to grow up and show up on time would be hugely detrimental to our youngsters. Didn't he have a court case shortly after signing for us that he didn't tell us about?

Read the FFT Article and your opinion on him will change.

Yeah agreed, I'm not sure it was us he didn't tell about the court case, think it might have been someone else? I read the FFT article but can't remember now!

Anyway regardless of whether it was us or not it shows he's willing to omit important facts when it suits him. As I said earlier talk is cheap, actions have meaning, and his actions have always been highly questionable.

Back