• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you have Nile Ranger back?

Would you want him back?

• Yes

Votes: 76 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 173 64.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 20 7.4%

• Total voters
He's a free agent and has stated before he would be willing to play for free.

Voted yes.

1 Years contract with options to extend, but the first sign of breach of contract (late to training, disciplinary issues etc etc ) then immediately contract cancelled (not paid up just cancelled)

Think in League 2 he could quite happily score a fair few IF he concentrated on his football.

Of course it also depends on the whoever out of the cast of thousands becomes our new manager. I wouldn't expect a manager to have any player forced on them, they would want to sign him in the first place.

I'm so confused by this thread.. For the people who voted YES, what attributes do you see in Nile (as a footballer) that you think could improve us?

I understand he had a great game against Sheff Utd, but there are lots of examples of players that have had great games - but i don't get the interest in this guy.

I cannot believe some people are actually in favour of Ranger returning. His record speaks for itself, he is a bad influence on everyone around him and simply cannot be trusted ... NO WAY!

I'm so confused by this thread.. For the people who voted YES, what attributes do you see in Nile (as a footballer) that you think could improve us?

I understand he had a great game against Sheff Utd, but there are lots of examples of players that have had great games - but i don't get the interest in this guy.

For one he actually wants to play for us unlike some of the other players who are currently with us.

This is like turkey's voting for Christmas, he had a couple of good games for us, he's been proven to be trouble and cannot be remotely match fit and is a known bad influence on younger players, of which there are loads going forward.
He's offering to play for free (which I am pretty sure legally we can't not pay him anyway insurance/EFL wise) for a reason.
I am ALL about rehabbing people, but this isn't the case here.

Say to him 'you can come in for training for a week and we'll see how it goes. No contract and out of the door the second you turn up late or step out of line' if after a month or so he's kept his nose clean and proved his fitness is up to it, and of course is looking good & getting on with everyone, get him on a month by month contract under the same 'one strike and you're out' rule and take it from there. He'd probably fall at the first hurdle anyway but I've got nothing against giving someone a chance if they've got something positive to contribute. Some of us grow up later than others.

A very easy no. Listen to the amount of interviews with the top clubs managers recently and they’ve regularly stated first and foremost that they want good people at their club first and followed obviously by talent. Unfortunately Niles lack of consistent good behaviour I can’t see him turning into a real professional now.

This thread really demonstrates just how polar opposite opinions can be. I find it incredible people would say yes!

Anyone that doesn’t want Ranger is such a squareeeeeeee. ;) We need a couple of nutters to get us out of this absolute embarrassing downward, characterless, vanilla spiral from hell.

It’s because the majority on here are the same age as the woman he robbed and are scared they’ll be next!

Back