• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you have Nile Ranger back?

Would you want him back?

• Yes

Votes: 76 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 173 64.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 20 7.4%

• Total voters
I get peoples reservations but on a pay as you play cant see a problem.
With the right man management? He would be an idiot to mess up.
I know we've been there but as I said before maybe older and wiser?
He could go on to rip up trees in league 2? Could be a complete knob but I'm sure He knows this.

What did he do to damage the team last time remind me? What by turning up late? From what I know the players liked him and wasn’t anymore a disruption to the dressing room than others at that time.
Some players liked him, some didn't. Even beings mates with nile put you in the bad books of a certain clique I've heard

Some players liked him, some didn't. Even beings mates with nile put you in the bad books of a certain clique I've heard

It carried on when Cox would not pass to Theo for over a year. The final straw was Blackpool at home first game last season...3-1 down and Theo refused to roll a simple ball to Cox in the area for an almost certain 3-2......Most in the ground were already targeting Bond so didn't notice it.......Thats why Theo went to Col U.

Last edited:
My initial reaction is a definitive no.

He has had so many chances at so many clubs, including our own, and his attitude and aptitude has seen him depart.

That said. He does have talent and if someone was to utilise that talent and get him playing, he would be a handful. Especially in league 2.

The other big factor is he actually wants to play and has offered to play for nothing. What this proves I'm not exactly sure.

If we are still under all sorts of embargoes and cannot afford anyone, I'd certainly give him a call.

Maybe Craig Fagan would be the one to turn him around. That sounds slightly racial, but in reality it kind of is if you catch my drift.

I'd have him in for training. Maybe the penny has finally dropped.

If Rolf Harris offered to entertain kids for free at at Junior Blues event, some on here would say yes.

When I think of someone being regularly late, I often attribute them to paedophilia too.

My initial reaction is a definitive no.

He has had so many chances at so many clubs, including our own, and his attitude and aptitude has seen him depart.

That said. He does have talent and if someone was to utilise that talent and get him playing, he would be a handful. Especially in league 2.

The other big factor is he actually wants to play and has offered to play for nothing. What this proves I'm not exactly sure.

If we are still under all sorts of embargoes and cannot afford anyone, I'd certainly give him a call.

Maybe Craig Fagan would be the one to turn him around. That sounds slightly racial, but in reality it kind of is if you catch my drift.

I'd have him in for training. Maybe the penny has finally dropped.

I was a little bit gutted that Chris Powell didn’t get a chance to manage him as I think he could’ve turned him around. He may have also helped out and Powell could still be our manager. But we will never know!!

thought Phil Brown threw him under the bus ..

lets sack Nile - its all his fault - maybe a month later Phil has gone.

Far from it. Nile was one of Brown’s favourites.

So much so, that it was the reason the split developed in the dressing room & Brown lost all control.

If anything, it was Brown’s loyalty to Ranger which cost him his job in the end.

Far from it. Nile was one of Brown’s favourites.

So much so, that it was the reason the split developed in the dressing room & Brown lost all control.

If anything, it was Brown’s loyalty to Ranger which cost him his job in the end.

Robinson and Nouble kept calling him Phil Browns son when they interviewed him.

Reactions: GBJ

He got the sack for drugs....taking them and having them with him.....MDMA, coke, weed he wasn't fussy.

Nile Ranger is 29 years old he scored his first goal for Newcastle 11 years ago......Since then he has scored an incredible 22 more goals......Yet people are claiming he has talent and is good on his day...Which is about 1 game in 10

In the past other clubs wont even let him train with their players......Theres your answer.

Surely if he loved the game that much and missed playing so much and wanted so desperately to prove people that he’d changed and was worth a gamble, he’d simply go and sign on for a non league side on a non contract basis and play games?

seems really simple to me ?‍♂️

Agree with this completely, easy to say you’d come and do this and that for a football league side, if he really wanted it he’d be showing it on the pitch somewhere.

Back